Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcon history which model?

Falcon history which model?

I have a Falcon FN 19? has a light hunter stock single shot .22? Shoots like a dream. The length of the cylinder is 17.5 inches long including the front fill cap, the serial number is 97514. Thought i would be able to find a list of serial numbers or a web page on how to identify what model is what and the spec of how many shots per charge etc and how to service them when they leak air. Anyone know?

Maybe this

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1102...s+diagrams.pdf

Loads of takedown / parts diags online at places like Bagnall and Kirkwood.
    As to shots per fill, I’m sure there is a falcon owners forum, or maybe look at the Brocock contour or concept equivalents for guidance.

Or await someone way more knowledgeable than me on here 😬

Mentioning about a forum, there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Mentioning about a forum, there was one.
    Yes there is a fb forum
    Falcon Prairie CS.22 Huntsmans .20 Theoben .20 & .22 FAC

Just had a look and forgot i was a member, very dead all gone to face book.

i don't think there is any records of serial numbers begging with a 9 i'd say it is one of the later sngle shot fn's before the single shot with a side handle probe cocking
    now a cylinder that is 17.5" isn't std as the fn 19 had a 19" cylinder i have one with a 16" cylinder but only because i cut it down and rethreaded it due to a damaged thread
    a std fn19 gives about 60-65 shots

I have a Falcon FN 19? has a light hunter stock single shot .22? Shoots like a dream. The length of the cylinder is 17.5 inches long including the front fill cap, the serial number is 97514. Thought i would be able to find a list of serial numbers or a web page on how to identify what model is what and the spec of how many shots per charge etc and how to service them when they leak air. Anyone know?
    My FN12 measures 17.5" if you measure the cylinder and action together all the way from the front fill cap to the back hammer spring adjuster cap. So if that is what you are measuring it's probably an FN12 not an FN19 and the length of the air cylinder on its own is 12".

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    My FN12 measures 17.5" if you measure the cylinder and action together all the way from the front fill cap to the back hammer spring adjuster cap. So if that is what you are measuring it's probably an FN12 not an FN19 and the length of the air cylinder on its own is 12".
    Thats how i measured it, so i got a FN12, i wonder what the shot capacity is?

Yes i would second that as its just the actual air tube and nothing else that determins the model number. as for the Falcon forum it is all but dead as no new members have been able to join since it went to Tapatalk and the one Administrator left does not appear to have been active since 9:13 AM - Jan 23 this year, very sad as it was an excelent forum with a lot of information available .

Thats how i measured it, so i got a FN12, i wonder what the shot capacity is?
    Mine is about 50 usable 'full power' shots per fill.

I actually only fill mine to about 170 bar because otherwise the first 10-12 shots are a bit under power. It then shoots pretty decently all the way down to about 80 bar before the power starts to fall off.

Mine is about 50 usable 'full power' shots per fill.

I actually only fill mine to about 170 bar because otherwise the first 10-12 shots are a bit under power. It then shoots pretty decently all the way down to about 80 bar before the power starts to fall off.
    Yes totaly agree, sweet spot on Falcons starts at around 170 bar so no point in filling any higher unless a regulator is fitted as you just get an inacurate gun and waste air until it reaches the sweet spot and mine is about the same with regards usable shots.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygit View Post
    Yes totaly agree, sweet spot on Falcons starts at around 170 bar so no point in filling any higher unless a regulator is fitted as you just get an inacurate gun and waste air until it reaches the sweet spot and mine is about the same with regards usable shots.
    I can't see the point of fitting a reg to one of these as the power curve is pretty flat over the usable 50 shot range. That, coupled with the fact I have have only ever seen a Lane reg for the FNxx series rifles and they require a hole to be drilled in the cylinder, which I could never bring myself to do, means that mine will never have a reg fitted.

I can't see the point of fitting a reg to one of these as the power curve is pretty flat over the usable 50 shot range. That, coupled with the fact I have have only ever seen a Lane reg for the FNxx series rifles and they require a hole to be drilled in the cylinder, which I could never bring myself to do, means that mine will never have a reg fitted.
    Yes im the same there isnt realy any point in fitting a regulator in a Falcon as when John Bowkett designed the Titan which was basically robbed for Falcons he did an excelent job. I have no intention of fitting a regulator in any of my Titans, FNs or Prairie for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygit View Post
    Yes im the same there isnt realy any point in fitting a regulator in a Falcon as when John Bowkett designed the Titan which was basically robbed for Falcons he did an excelent job. I have no intention of fitting a regulator in any of my Titans, FNs or Prairie for that reason.
    I have to agree. The FN12 is fantastic little rifle exactly as it is and all down to John Bowkett's design.

Tried mine in the garden today, one hole groups with 5.5 Eley wasps, good bit of kit. How would i go about getting the o rings renewed as it holds air for about a day or two but is flat empty after about a week. Are these a easy gun to repair.