Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jewelling TX200 breech

Could have sworn I had a few photographs of some TX’s and 77/97’s we’ve jewelled before but I can’t find them.
    Drop me a line if you need to.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Could have sworn I had a few photographs of some TX’s and 77/97’s we’ve jewelled before but I can’t find them.
    Drop me a line if you need to.
    Cheers, Craig
    Craig,

You have come highly recommended in this thread, so I'll bear that in mind - I'll have a google and see if there are any examples of your work out there on the internet

Not belittling the work you do in any way, but from everything I've researched online it would appear that 90% of the job is getting the piece initially polished, masked up, marked up, with the 'work' of jewelling then being working methodically and cleanly once the initial preparations are done (and at least I've got the hidden end to practice technique on first!

Subscribed 🍿

Craig p I've sent you a pm .atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    at least I've got the hidden end to practice technique on first!
    Both ends of underside too in our case

No great pics but some jewlling on Shaun's rifles.[IMG] [/IMG]

I had my TX tuned by Paul Short,he did the jewelling at the same time and charged me an extra £10,no brainer,looks superb.

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Craig p I've sent you a pm .atb mick
    Replied, Mick - apologies for the delay, I got stuck into a chequering job.

I’ll get some photographs taken of the next one done and post them on here. In fact, I’m sure I’ve got a spare 77 comp tube here that could be used as a demo piece.
    Bear with me.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    You will only make a mess of the part your doing it on.

Cant see how it would knacker the whole gun

If it cant be polished out you buy a replacement part.
    You have a fair point but like the blueing i could have got a cheap blue kit and tried on a gun get a fair job but if you want quality you need to have experience , i know you can replace parts but on some guns parts are getting scares , also you buy all the kit to do the job say couple of hundred you try and mess the part up that will cost £50 to 100 to repale so by costing £300 or so to get a gun back to how it was before you started when i am sure it would not cost that to have it done by a pro , unless your going to be doing a lot of the work then why not use a pro .

Good luck i use a pro for work like that

Quote Originally Posted by nrj. View Post
    I had my TX tuned by Paul Short,he did the jewelling at the same time and charged me an extra £10,no brainer,looks superb.
    @bighit see what i mean a £10 where is the sense is messing a gun up to save a £10 , again i say pros are pros for a reason , like i said my mate had so much gold jewellery brought to his shop that as he told the people it is now little more than scrap yopu can not polish it as it will be to thin , you say replace a part what happens when you can't get the part oops gun in cabinet until you find another person breaking one again like this person said NO BRAINER

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    As far as sending it to a pro, you could say that about any airgun work, but some people simply enjoy the act of doing something themselves. It's satisfying.

Give it a try if you want. I can't see how it would be possible to ruin the comp. tube. The tube is very hard and you'd be using some grinding paste to put the scratches on the tube. Hardly going to damage it and at worst you'll have to polish the area of the slip up and start over. For 10 lbs. I'd just send it out. It would be a good idea to have the tube buttoned at the same time to keep the jewelling from getting scuffed up when cocking the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    Give it a try if you want. I can't see how it would be possible to ruin the comp. tube. The tube is very hard and you'd be using some grinding paste to put the scratches on the tube. Hardly going to damage it and at worst you'll have to polish the area of the slip up and start over. For 10 lbs. I'd just send it out. It would be a good idea to have the tube buttoned at the same time to keep the jewelling from getting scuffed up when cocking the gun.
    Exactly. Its surface scratches at most . If pitting can be polished out then surface scratches can be polished out .

Pitting would be way deeper than what grinding paste can do.

Steptoe , I never mentioned anything about doing it DIY or professional.

I just pointed out it would not knacker a gun as it can be polished out.

As for jewelry. Gold is a fairly soft metal. Not the same as Steel or often hardened steel.

Hardly a good comparison.

@bighit look mate i am not sure why you stalk me on the threads and why the dislike but i am putting you back on ignore and i would think you would do the same for me you dislike me that is your choice but stalking a person on a site mate you need to get out .

Sorry but can you not move on i am not interested in having petty side swipes all the time thank you .

To the OP as another person said he got it done for £10 why take the chance and yes you may be able to buy a new part but why incur a larger cost just to try it on one gun , i understand if it was going to be a big thing do loads of guns and or a business but to save a couple of quid well just my point as i say like the blueing you can do a okish job with the cold blueing but if you want a proper job leave it to a pro

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    @bighit look mate i am not sure why you stalk me on the threads and why the dislike but i am putting you back on ignore and i would think you would do the same for me you dislike me that is your choice but stalking a person on a site mate you need to get out .

Sorry but can you not move on i am not interested in having petty side swipes all the time thank you .

To the OP as another person said he got it done for £10 why take the chance and yes you may be able to buy a new part but why incur a larger cost just to try it on one gun , i understand if it was going to be a big thing do loads of guns and or a business but to save a couple of quid well just my point as i say like the blueing you can do a okish job with the cold blueing but if you want a proper job leave it to a pro
    So having a different opinion is stalking?

I have not stalked you so dont flatter yourself.