Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jewelling TX200 breech

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    @bighit look mate i am not sure why you stalk me on the threads and why the dislike but i am putting you back on ignore and i would think you would do the same for me you dislike me that is your choice but stalking a person on a site mate you need to get out .

Sorry but can you not move on i am not interested in having petty side swipes all the time thank you .

To the OP as another person said he got it done for £10 why take the chance and yes you may be able to buy a new part but why incur a larger cost just to try it on one gun , i understand if it was going to be a big thing do loads of guns and or a business but to save a couple of quid well just my point as i say like the blueing you can do a okish job with the cold blueing but if you want a proper job leave it to a pro
    Steptoe, I think you have it A8se about face, I think it is you that needs to get out more, or just wind your neck in.

- The £10 mentioned was an extra as part of a much larger, and more expensive upgrade
    - £10 would be a no brainer, but if I was a gunsmith with the overheads of workshop, tools and business costs I would charge more than that just to strip and remove part to be jewelled
    - Bighits grasp of metallurgy along with others that have commented is quite correct, the amount of metal removed by jewelling will have no impact on durability of compression tube
    - I'd rather do it myself; there is a sense of satisfaction in completing a task, and if by doing so I can learn something, even if it is by mistakes and having to start over it is still a worthwhile process

Please, do me the courtesy of ignoring me, or just scroll and move on, your input has done nothing but dilute a thread that until you chipped in had been a good source of information and options for myself, and several others who have latched on to it

i'm not sure about this jewelling malarkey.

every time i see it , it puts me in mind of 1980s artex ceilings . Granted they looked great at the time .

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    i'm not sure about this jewelling malarkey.

every time i see it , it puts me in mind of 1980s artex ceilings . Granted they looked great at the time .
    Ruined! I now can’t I see this 😂

Normally Im not really into excessive bling as in my own narrow-minded view it does nothing to enhance the experience of the shot other than just to enjoy the aesthetics of the work done..
    Sorry, I know I am a dick and a bit weird...

However, compression tube jeweling is always something that just looks amazing!

Unless you're very comfortable doing machine work I would send it to a pro to be done by them, my logic here is because YOU will see every tiny mistake you made and it will bug the bloody life out of you.
    Nobody else will ever notice them, but we are always our own worst critic and so you will always see them

Good luck with whichever route you take and don't forget to share the final pics

Thanks Craig p, just got my tube back from been done. It looks great just need to put the tx back together. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Thanks Craig p, just got my tube back from been done. It looks great just need to put the tx back together. Atb mick
    Would love to see a piccy Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    I'd like to see it too....... TX200 has good sporting lines to it, and I think jewelling against the dark blue steel and walnut stock will look cracking

Not sure how to put pictures on,I can email them to anyone who wants them. Atb mick

Photographs of Mick’s comp tube:

Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thanks Craig for putting pictures up.atb mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    very nice
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

We went to the kebab house past night and saw this. It isn't your work is it Craig?
    http://imgur.com/a/tIeEte0
    Last edited by gtfreight; 28-05-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    We went to the kebab house past night and saw this. It isn't your work is it Craig?
    http://imgur.com/a/tIeEte0
    It’s given me a great idea for the decor on my new chequering shed...

Craig, I have a 97 that I'm thinking about getting done. Can we have a chat about it at the Bash?

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Craig, I have a 97 that I'm thinking about getting done. Can we have a chat about it at the Bash?
    Of course we can, mate. I’ll bring some examples for you to have a look at too.