Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
I decided to include an application for an explosive certificate as part of my recent FAC renewal and consequently sourced a compliant wooden box for storage of 777 which I use quite a lot in my BP revolvers. The FEO visit went smoothly and the FEO couldn't have been more helpful while taking a look at my storage cupboard and box. The certificate was free of charge and will cover the purchase and storage of my powders without too much additional effort.
Maybe all police forces are not so sympathetic or helpful, but my relations with Sussex Police have always been friendly and efficient.

Brian
Hmmmmm.. two months so far for me (well, a year and two months actually due to "Covid issues") and still no nearer to knowing when I might receive notification of an inspection, as I've been advised that just six of the 150 applications received since 1st August have been processed. If there is an issue with 777 being classified as an explosive then our Constabulary doesn't seem too worried that it's not being stored accordingly. Meanwhile DesG's box sits in lonely isolation just pining for the day when it will have its lid lifted and a couple of bottles of Swiss dropped into its welcoming interior.