Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMTC - Opening Again in June 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I will have you know - I once worked for The Samaritans. The first call I got the bloke ended up killing himself.
    They wouldn't have minded so much but it was just a wrong number.
    The Samaritans is ex directory in Blackburn.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

We will be opening the club range tonight (29/07/2021) for the first time since the Covid induced restrictions came into force almost 2 years ago!

This evening we will be making sure that we clean and disinfect all contact surfaces and provide sanitising fluid for all to use when entering and leaving the club.

IJ will probably turn up as we know he is always keen to help when there is any work to be done - and even keener to know what is going-on

Unfortunately we will be unable to accept any non-members as visitors at the club range from now onwards without prior agreement as we are keen to maintain good range discipline whilst maintaining the best Covid protection for ourselves and any future members.

Anyone interested in visiting the club can contact myself via PM or email zooma@kingcobra.co.uk to arrange a suitable time when we would be pleased to agree the earliest date and time that is convenient

We currently have only two vacancies for new members to join the club and when we have achieved this the membership will be closed to enable us to maintain the best anti-Covid conditions that our small club facilities can accommodate.

Enjoy your shooting - and stay safe!

Bob.

When we opened the club range again last night for the first time since all of the lock-downs started, we were pleasantly surprised.

All of the target changers worked and the range was as tidy as we had left it the last time we shot there.

Replacing a single failed 4ft fluorescent tube was the only thing we had to do apart from "checking everything over" to make sure it was sanitised and clean for us all to use safely.

Being a cellar range were were conscious of the need to promote good air flow, so we opened the 'escape hatch" at the far end of the range (above the butts) and this seemed to do the job well enough, so we will continue to do this every time we shoot from now onwards.

We also have another entrance door part-way down the range that opens to give access into a large labyrinth of other areas underground that also lead to an alternative emergency exit and this too could be opened to provide further air flow if it was ever needed in the future, so as far as possible we have a relatively good Covid safe environment.

We will also keep the club membership small so we can maintain good social distancing whilst we continue to enjoy our target shooting, so although there is nothing we can do that can give a 100% guarantee against any possible future Covid transmission, we are happy that we have made the range as safe to use as we reasonably can to protect our club members whilst we shoot together.

All of our members have also had both of their Covid jabs so we are looking forward to enjoying our shooting together again from next week onwards!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

We will also keep the club membership small ...
    I qualify for that !
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I qualify for that !
    This is so true - you wouldn't take up very much space

Shame we only have a 10 meter range and you are now shooting 50 meter bench rest.

...win some - loose some..