Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW45 early variant

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    I have a one ( .177 dual power) with the stamped model number not white paint but the wooden grips do not have a medallion - is this an earlier version than the one with the Hw medallion ????
    I believe the 45’s with the weihrauch badge are the first batch of HW45’s

HW45http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?883183-HW45-early-variant

Very interesting article,I have an early variant in a maroon outer box with the polystyrene inner,did they also have a cutout for an extra 22 barrel,and handbook set into the top lid. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    Very interesting article,I have an early variant in a maroon outer box with the polystyrene inner,did they also have a cutout for an extra 22 barrel,and handbook set into the top lid. interesting.
    The similar one I've just sold had the recess in styrene the lid with the original handbook, but I didn't see any cut out for an alternative barrel.
    Similarly the presumably slightly later one with the white illustrated card outer had the same recess and handbook in the styrene, but once again I didn't notice any cut out for an alternative barrel.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Strictly speaking the first variant of the HW45 was the version made for Beeman by Weihrauch and sold in the USA as the P1 (or P1 Magnum). It was launched on the market (in the USA) slightly before the European version, in 1985. The P1 was initially offered in three calibres (.177, .20 and .22). These first guns were marked with "Beeman P1" instead of "HW 45" on the left hand side, and on the right hand side was the Beeman San Rafael address, changing later to the Santa Rosa address. I guess the chance of finding one of these over here is just about zero, given the ready availability of the HW 45 version.

(The pistol was actually an original concept of Robert Beeman, and was developed in close collaboration with Weihrauch. He got Weihrauch to change the appearance of the original Weihrauch prototype to its present form).
    Last edited by ccdjg; 27-05-2021 at 02:27 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Exactly like the last .177 model I owned...bugger dieseled even when run almost dry .

The early .22 versions didn't have the silly dual power option either.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The similar one I've just sold had the recess in styrene the lid with the original handbook, but I didn't see any cut out for an alternative barrel.
    Similarly the presumably slightly later one with the white illustrated card outer had the same recess and handbook in the styrene, but once again I didn't notice any cut out for an alternative barrel.
    Mine has the maroon box and styrene insert (although this insert is really poor condition) the box is fine . No cut out for spare barrel though .

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I've just sold a couple of early variant HW45's; one with the impressed lettering was in a fitted upper and lower styrene tray with a brown illustrated card outer sleeve, and the other with laser lettering was in a fitted styrene tray within a white card HW illustrated box, but neither were in a box like the one shown by the OP.
    I’ve also never seen one with this box & with the instructions for the trigger stamped on what looks like a metal or plastic badge?

Speaking of trigger, Jimmie dee Airguns has some good info on trigger adjustments
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...jSunVcPr8vCnu8

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Strictly speaking the first variant of the HW45 was the version made for Beeman by Weihrauch and sold in the USA as the P1 (or P1 Magnum). It was launched on the market (in the USA) slightly before the European version, in 1985. The P1 was initially offered in three calibres (.177, .20 and .22). These first guns were marked with "Beeman P1" instead of "HW 45" on the left hand side, and on the right hand side was the Beeman San Rafael address, changing later to the Santa Rosa address. I guess the chance of finding one of these over here is just about zero, given the ready availability of the HW 45 version.

(The pistol was actually an original concept of Robert Beeman, and was developed in close collaboration with Weihrauch. He got Weihrauch to change the appearance of the original Weihrauch prototype to its present form).
    Yes you’re right, the first models was Beeman p1 for US market
    Last edited by Lee5159; 28-05-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Anyone remember the Colchester weapons workshop Hunter hw45? Came cased with spare barrels, silencer and pacmyers? Same people who did the gamekeeper rifles

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Anyone remember the Colchester weapons workshop Hunter hw45? Came cased with spare barrels, silencer and pacmyers? Same people who did the gamekeeper rifles
    Was they similar to this?
    Pics from https://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/

I believe the early models have a grub screw to fit a suppressor

I’d love to own the original shoulder stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lee5159 View Post
    Was they similar to this?
    Pics from https://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/

I believe the early models have a grub screw to fit a suppressor

I’d love to own the original shoulder stock
    Something like this one?

Or this one?

Just teasing ......

====================
    Frank

This is the "modern"version that is available in Germany, just a "plank".

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de....php/pID/28458

===================
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Something like this one?

Or this one?

Just teasing ......

====================
    Frank
    That's just greedy, Frank. Then again you have single-handedly caused a global shortage of several models of classic airgun.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Something like this one?

Or this one?

Just teasing ......

====================
    Frank
    Ah, the optional shoulder stock requiring the arm of a large Gibbon on one side of the body and one like a T-rex on the other
    Last edited by harvey_s; 29-05-2021 at 04:24 PM.

An HW45 thread in this section makes me feel old. I remember when they came out in about 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    That's just greedy, Frank. Then again you have single-handedly caused a global shortage of several models of classic airgun.
    It is not greedy, I bough them in a time nobody seemed to want them!
    Even when introduced by Weihrauch these stocks where expencive and not sold in big numbers because you could buy a Weihrauch airrifle for the same money.
    Only now we understand the quality and craftmanship of these items made in the 1980's and 90's as we compare them to the present stocks available .

===================
    Frank