Thread: Where can you store your bp boxes ?

Where can you store your bp boxes ?

I’ve been using triple 7, but will be going over to bp when it runs out.
    So when I get a box, where can you store it?
    Thank you
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO

Quote Originally Posted by Paul101 View Post
    Thank you
    mines in a walk in lockable wardrobe

Thank you
    The main criteria is that it is NOT stored adjacent to or above an exit in case it explodes while the premises is being vacated.
    There is also a risk to the Firemen if they have to enter the property before the fire has caused it to explode.

It is advisable to store the box out of sight of visitors or workmen in the house.

Black powder

Has your FEO not indicated where he would like you to store it. Mine did and he was happy with it to be in my workshop but insisted it was chained to a bench. Loaded cartridges all go under the wifes bed for safety.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Thank you

It will be down to your FEO so ask him but it will be a good starting point if you know where you would like to put it and why and where you would definitely not like it and why. Mine is in the garage chained to some racking but I had to wheedle a bit - FEO wanted it in the house but I was adamant that I really did not like that idea. Next option was in the shed but he did not like outbuildings and he reluctantly agreed to the garage, which is attached to the house so with a squint it was classed as integral (it is entirely separate form the house but shares one wall and we convnced each otehr that it is part of the structure of the house)
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I’ve got about 3 months shootings worth of 777, but before that go’s I’ll be getting a box and then in touch with feo, but I’d like an idea of where to put it, so swmbo doesn’t go ape shit.😂
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO

I’ve got about 3 months shootings worth of 777, but before that go’s I’ll be getting a box and then in touch with feo, but I’d like an idea of where to put it, so swmbo doesn’t go ape shit.😂
    Most people usually store them upstairs out of sight. Where you put it depends on the swmbo by the sound of it!

Some FEO's say put it in the loft, some don't so you will have to wait and see what the particular FEO says.

Personally, I would not put it in the loft. I think it can get too hot in summer. And, my loft is not floored but it is covered in fibreglass insulation. When I have to go in the loft I disturb it and I am breathing in fibreglass particles which you obviously want to avoid! And because it is not floored there is a chance I could miss my footing and fall through the ceiling.