Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX Impact

FX Impact

Been looking at the FX Impact, it would have to be 12 ftb for me, most if the reviews i have seen are for 70-80 ftb. looks a nice bit of kit, what do you guys think of it apart from price and the things to watch out for in 12ftb version in .22 or .177.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Been looking at the FX Impact, it would have to be 12 ftb for me, most if the reviews i have seen are for 70-80 ftb. looks a nice bit of kit, what do you guys think of it apart from price and the things to watch out for in 12ftb version in .22 or .177.
    The reason you buy an impact is because it is in the bullpup family.

In UK legal limit its features are a little wasted unless its switchbarrel you want.

In sub 12 I would always argue in favour of .177 due to flatter traj, wide pellet choice and wide grain weight availability.

Its a modular style so you can configure it to do the jobs you want.

I personally feel the barrels perform better potebtially in FAC as smooth twist like polybores need a bit of extra grunt. However, its been around for a while and I dont see negative stuff on threads.

After market add ons are encouraged by FX too and there is some very good kit to choose from.

As a hunter/pest control, the high capacity mags are a big boon.

I will be looking at FAC for switch barrel and adjustable power.

The rifle in sub 12 will compete with any other rifle out there imho but the true beauty of this lay in the FAC side.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

A bullpup is what i have been after for a long time. It is a shame that its full potential cant be used if using sub 12. Is the compact worth getting, assume same performance.
    Last edited by BC312; 04-06-2021 at 10:56 AM.

compact

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    A bullpup is what i have been after for a long time. It is a shame that its full potential cant be used if using sub 12. Is the compact worth getting, assume same performance.
    if sub 12, it is the same length barrel, just the shroud is longer on the full length. You will find the Compact better balanced, lighter and more pointable.

my mate has a sub 12 pound one he takes some quarry with it

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    There are FX impact mk2 so it is means that mk1 had some faults on it or just some improvements being done to mk2?.

I’ve got a mk2 impact in.177 and it’s perfect
    I’ve swapped and changed my air rifles over the years but just can’t let this one go
    Accuracy is up there with the best
    Huge shot count
    Large capacity mags
    Light/ well balanced
    Quiet with supplied shroud/ mod
    And huge amount of aftermarket add ons if your that way inclined !
    Great for hunting and range time .

fx

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    I’ve got a mk2 impact in.177 and it’s perfect
    I’ve swapped and changed my air rifles over the years but just can’t let this one go
    Accuracy is up there with the best
    Huge shot count
    Large capacity mags
    Light/ well balanced
    Quiet with supplied shroud/ mod
    And huge amount of aftermarket add ons if your that way inclined !
    Great for hunting and range time .
    couldn't agree more

I bought whats now called a Mk1 impact and its been faultless, from what Ive read on the FB groups the problems seem to be when folks start trying to self tune them.
    Truth be told I bought it for my daughter to use as she was getting into shooting and Mother Nature being overly generous meant that she wasn't comfortable using my BSA Scorpion
    Shame too as it was a John Bowket tuned one which wasn't pellet fussy, it was very accurate and was whisper quiet with the Huub shroud on it too.

I really enjoyed shooting the impact, it is a crazily accurate wee gun and it certainly gave me more confidence in my own shooting abilities than I knew I had.
    It has its haters but I can't recommend them enough.

The Mk1 was pushed out to market presumably to start recouping R&D and set up costs.

Unfortunately, this proved to be a mistake as the rifles had many issues and FX took a lot of flack. Blackpool air rifles even stopped selling them and that says something.

Eventually, they ironed out a lot of the Mk1 Issues. The Mk2 was a game changer imho though.

Reliability seems to have improved very significantly and now distribution and customer support is via The Sportsman chain which I believe is a bigger organisation than the original supplier.

Most seem to consider the Mk2 to be the minimum requirement and now further editions and improvements are coming out as well.

If you want an accurate compact sorted rifle then the Impact Mk2 or the newer models would be an excellent choice. Some don't like the looks or the tactical design but to be frank, you are not buying a MK2 because it looks pretty. As it goes, the functionality is what I think the Mk2 is about as well as doing its job to a very high standard.

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Nothing beat a cool looking wood against yours cheeks rather those plastic stocks!.

The MK1s were pants my one almost went through the RFDs front window.

Not to long ago I bought a crown with a couple of barrel kits and I was impressed. So much so I bought a .22 and a barrel kit in .177 it’s a great Bullpup I have several other makes and it knocks the socks of them. I like the idea of being able to change out a barrel out when ever you want.

Do not forget FX have now introduced the M3 so there may be some discounts flying around de the MK2. I have heard some bad reports on the M3 and some good ones. I have shot both a Sub 12/and Fac M3 and would say that if I was buying one I would go for the Fac one as it has all the bells and whistles on it. Have you thought about the Maverick or Dream line.

Despite the horror stories I must have been very lucky with my MK1, because it holds air and has been very reliable with a consistent power spread and more than accurate enough for me.
    clearly they weren't all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Despite the horror stories I must have been very lucky with my MK1, because it holds air and has been very reliable with a consistent power spread and more than accurate enough for me.
    clearly they weren't all bad.
    No. They weren't. But FX rushed them out the door and didn't iron out the wrinkles and got the end user feedback they deserved. Lesson learnt perhaps. But many makers do this. AA had many issues with their kit post new product launch.

Its a balance between the need to do R&D and getting money in asap to pay the costs one has to commit to get it there.

Don't do it. The gun is just the tip of the iceberg. As it stands it's a very good gun, but there are so many goodies out there that make it even better.
    Things like an extended picatinny rail so you can position your bipod further forward and any number of different butts, some with a built in monopod.
    They can be a money pit, since I bought my MK11 in December I've spent hundreds on stuff both to improve the (already very good) gun and to personalize it, make it mine.