Thread: FX Impact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FX Impact

Been looking at the FX Impact, it would have to be 12 ftb for me, most if the reviews i have seen are for 70-80 ftb. looks a nice bit of kit, what do you guys think of it apart from price and the things to watch out for in 12ftb version in .22 or .177.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Been looking at the FX Impact, it would have to be 12 ftb for me, most if the reviews i have seen are for 70-80 ftb. looks a nice bit of kit, what do you guys think of it apart from price and the things to watch out for in 12ftb version in .22 or .177.
    The reason you buy an impact is because it is in the bullpup family.

In UK legal limit its features are a little wasted unless its switchbarrel you want.

In sub 12 I would always argue in favour of .177 due to flatter traj, wide pellet choice and wide grain weight availability.

Its a modular style so you can configure it to do the jobs you want.

I personally feel the barrels perform better potebtially in FAC as smooth twist like polybores need a bit of extra grunt. However, its been around for a while and I dont see negative stuff on threads.

After market add ons are encouraged by FX too and there is some very good kit to choose from.

As a hunter/pest control, the high capacity mags are a big boon.

I will be looking at FAC for switch barrel and adjustable power.

The rifle in sub 12 will compete with any other rifle out there imho but the true beauty of this lay in the FAC side.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

A bullpup is what i have been after for a long time. It is a shame that its full potential cant be used if using sub 12. Is the compact worth getting, assume same performance.
    Last edited by BC312; 04-06-2021 at 10:56 AM.

compact

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    A bullpup is what i have been after for a long time. It is a shame that its full potential cant be used if using sub 12. Is the compact worth getting, assume same performance.
    if sub 12, it is the same length barrel, just the shroud is longer on the full length. You will find the Compact better balanced, lighter and more pointable.

my mate has a sub 12 pound one he takes some quarry with it

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    There are FX impact mk2 so it is means that mk1 had some faults on it or just some improvements being done to mk2?.