Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Pellet Bulk Buy.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    I've always used cheap air rifle pellets co uk for my RWS Superfields they do all the RWS stuff down to the 3.99 flathead things, forget the name but it took me ages to get through them in my pistols.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

I looked on the Ramsbottom site and unfortunately they are out of stock of some of the pellets I'm after. I will however keep an eye on their site for when they have them back in stock.

So True

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    10 tins of pellets cost a lot less than a gun and the gun doesn't work without them. If pellets work well then I don't see anything wrong with getting a good supply in. Who would have thought Eley Wasps would disappear?

Yes exactly and so true man on the Eley Wasps
    As GSXRMAN may fail to realise most us used to buy in bulk when we found a 'good' pellet even down to the batch code . Always the done thing .
    Some us would even buy in multiples of 10 too , them's the good ole days they were .
    Right now is a good time to buy up especially in bulk .
    Bargains out there still to be had . BSA even if they are made in Spain have worked superbly well for me . Gamo . SMK .
    Some budget pellets are worth their weight in gold .
    I refuse to take advice from magazine monkeys telin me to forget budget pellets and buy premium . Why ?
    The proof is in the pudding and some the best pellets in my guns perform superbly but have cost a lot less than the high end big namers often quoted in print or here . JSB get a great name , especially in their superb quality control , but when you buy from a lot of sources the differences really pan out evenly .
    Sorry to peeps here who think otherwise but maybe they don't buy as much as some of us do .

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    I usually check Sheffield Air Rifles/NMP (usually for the 'plinking' pellets - RWS etc. (as doesn't stock JSB) always comes well packaged), Wolfman (again well packaged) and Voymir as well as a search for JSB on the net.
    Just checked NMP out and they've started stocking JSB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post

As GSXRMAN may fail to realise most us used to buy in bulk when we found a 'good' pellet even down to the batch code . Always the done thing .
    Some us would even buy in multiples of 10 too , them's the good ole days they were .
    Bargains out there still to be had . BSA even if they are made in Spain have worked superbly well for me . Gamo . SMK .
    I refuse to take advice from magazine monkeys telin me to forget budget pellets and buy premium . Why ?
    The proof is in the pudding and some the best pellets in my guns perform superbly but have cost a lot less than the high end big namers often quoted in print or here . JSB get a great name , especially in their superb quality control , but when you buy from a lot of sources the differences really pan out evenly .
    Sorry to peeps here who think otherwise but maybe they don't buy as much as some of us do .
    So true - I've got guns that are accurate with Daystate pellets and SMK - no difference in group size, so they get SMK - my view is that there's pellets that work & pellets that don't, and until you try them through the gun, you don't know which is which! (well, unless they're like some that I bought years ago, where there were holes in skirts, mis-shaped lumps of lead, then you know damn well they wont!)

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Just checked NMP out and they've started stocking JSB's.
    Thanks, will check them out next lot I need!

When did sheffieldairrifles not stock JSB, I quite regularly use them , I admit I didn't even know about them until last year, but I had JSB off them then as well as good priced QYS streamlined, unfortunately they've just sneaked all their prices up on the JSB's , luckily I got a few before they did, but 10 x .22 pellets have all gone up a £10

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post

In my peak shooting days I used to go through a "box" of premiers a week, so yeah i used to buy a lot in at once.
    It was the "no lead ban" comment I was refering to.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by brk1 View Post
    When did sheffieldairrifles not stock JSB, I quite regularly use them , I admit I didn't even know about them until last year, but I had JSB off them then as well as good priced QYS streamlined, unfortunately they've just sneaked all their prices up on the JSB's , luckily I got a few before they did, but 10 x .22 pellets have all gone up a £10
    Not sure when they started to stock them, but I've been using them (through their Sheffield Airguns site) since 2008, and at one point, they were the only place to get RWS Superfield in .177

Pellet prices online

Just went on The Bay looking for some pellet deals .
    Have you noticed how pellet tins are shrinking in size ?
    I refuse to buy these new smaller sizes .
    Call me old school
    Thankfully there were still some good buys to be had in both new and pre-owned tins of good stock .
    Was tempted even to get a .20 gun , as if I see some decent pellets will buy enough to keep it running for a few years .
    Anyway managed to buy me some treats .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 13-06-2021 at 10:28 AM.