Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there a ‘best’ age/model HW99 to get?

It was stated that all the 99s are the proper Rekord units, there isn't a HW99, only the "S" version as they were UK only, but if you buy an HW50 and Not the HW50s , watch out, I have a 2001 99s model, that came with a proper Rekord trigger and still works fine

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    The mkii uses a 'Perfekt' trigger, which is a pale, non-adjustable imitation. I wouldn't be tempted, as I've owned HW30's with these triggers and I wasn't impressed.
    Yep, in my limited experience of them, I've also found the Perfekt to be woefully imperfect.....I have a very nice little old school 50 with the screw-in end block which I really must get round to fettling as it's a twanger. I bought it, maybe, around 4 years ago. Just a few plinks down the garden revealed the boing and the bloody awful trigger. I even managed to buy a Rekord unit from my good friend Mach1.5 for the project about three years ago, so it really is high time that I got my act together and get it fettled.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, in my limited experience of them, I've also found the Perfekt to be woefully imperfect.....I have a very nice little old school 50 with the screw-in end block which I really must get round to fettling as it's a twanger. I bought it, maybe, around 4 years ago. Just a few plinks down the garden revealed the boing and the bloody awful trigger. I even managed to buy a Rekord unit from my good friend Mach1.5 for the project about three years ago, so it really is high time that I got my act together and get it fettled.
    The modern HW50MII has been available quite cheaply over here earlier.
    Yes, the trigger isnt up to the "Rekord-standard" but for the price, you get a really nice gun.
    I remember when the HW50s was sold at about 2800 Norwegian kr, and the HW50MII was sold at about 1700 Nkr. A Gamo was somewhere in between!

So the cheapest gun of the three would be a HW50MII.. and the "Perfekt" trigger is quite acceptable for most hobby shooters.
    It really was a good deal, and if you can get one at a comparable price to what these were priced at here in Norway, I'd go for it!
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The modern HW50MII has been available quite cheaply over here earlier.
    Yes, the trigger isnt up to the "Rekord-standard" but for the price, you get a really nice gun.
    I remember when the HW50s was sold at about 2800 Norwegian kr, and the HW50MII was sold at about 1700 Nkr. A Gamo was somewhere in between!

So the cheapest gun of the three would be a HW50MII.. and the "Perfekt" trigger is quite acceptable for most hobby shooters.
    It really was a good deal, and if you can get one at a comparable price to what these were priced at here in Norway, I'd go for it!
    Sadly here my local seems to have the HW50II for sale at a higher price than most sell the HW99 for. If there was a big saving to be had, the 50 would definitely be up for getting bought, but not when priced this way round! Plus I’d still test my theory of wanting one on a used gun over new purchase really.

Eight months later…..

I’ve still not found one 😂

However, a friend and his dad asked my advice on a garden rifle for the, both to get into some target shooting at home, so obviously I recommended the one rifle I’ve never owned 🙄
    Went with the, to sportsman in Exeter to have a feel of a few options, and the 99 won them over. But then on asking the price…. £298 😱
    Needless to say I did some Googling and sent them down to Crack Shot just 15 miles down the road where they sorted my friend out with one for the much more normal price of £235.

Not sure if it’s to cover their own import costs, as they don’t use Hull Cartridge, but that’s a hell of a price hike and makes them totally uncompetitive in the local market.

Very much pays to shop around these days!

I have found Sportsman have hiked their prices up in general , they just pop a few offers up here and there at random mainly on shotguns.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

My advice would be go for a new 99. You can sort the cocking link if necessary. I bought one new 0.177 maybe 4 years ago not had any problems. Nice enough for me straight out the box but plenty of tuners/tuning stuff available if you want to. Last time I looked should be able to find one around £235.