Thread: Howto setup a scope for a non shooter? PS+ wearing glasses.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!

Astigmatism

I believe simple long or short-sightedness is easily corrected by the basic focussing of the scope bell nearsest to the eye. My contribution would be to say that astigmatism can be a problem if you take your prescription glasses off thereby losing the eye's correction for astigmatism

One way to check for that is to ask to inspect the other party's spectacles. Then look through each lens and rotate the spectacle's frame. If you get a really big wide-screen/tall-screen effect as you rotate - I can't think of a better way to describe it - it might not be easy to use a scope without those glasses correcting the astigmatism before that person even picks up the gun.

And then check which eye is naturally used to eye the scope [maybe that's bleedin' obvious but I'm not an experienced shooter]. I'd always use my left eye. My glasses do not have astigmatism correction for the left eye but quite strong correction on the right.

Edit: I use my right eye with the rifle but always my left eye with the pistols.

Did I mention astigmatism?
    Last edited by Antoni; 09-06-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2