Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New BSA Pellets

New BSA Pellets

Saw the advert in Airgun World yesterday. It would seem that the new premium line of BSA pellets are re-branded H&N pellets. Following less than favourable reviews generally of the existing lines, surely a top move and in-line with many other makers these days, of re-branding known quality pellets.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Saw the advert in Airgun World yesterday. It would seem that the new premium line of BSA pellets are re-branded H&N pellets. Following less than favourable reviews generally of the existing lines, surely a top move and in-line with many other makers these days, of re-branding known quality pellets.
    Yes I saw that advertisement and hope your right in them being H&N I have used some of the BSA range that's available from our sponsor and they are rebadged Gammo Pellets? I have had good results with the BSA Elite ones

Many of my rifles' favourite pellet is the H&N Field Target Trophy and, from what I can tell, the new BSA Goldstar is the FTT. So I'll certainly be giving them a try if they're priced competitively.
    The other "new" BSA pellets :- Blackstar = Baracuda Hunter; Silverstar = Terminator; Greenstar =:Baracuda Green.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Many of my rifles' favourite pellet is the H&N Field Target Trophy and, from what I can tell, the new BSA Goldstar is the FTT. So I'll certainly be giving them a try if they're priced competitively.
    The other "new" BSA pellets :- Blackstar = Baracuda Hunter; Silverstar = Terminator; Greenstar =:Baracuda Green.
    The thing is Tone, most H&N pellets are pretty well priced anyway compared to other make pellets, it would be nice if BSA could get one of the pellet makers to produce a 5.6 size pellet to replace the wasps that used to go so well through their barrels (and tap loaders).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hi Pete, yep, you're quite correct re the pricing of many of the H&N pellets, including the popular (and excellent) FTT.

Now, as regards those barrels, that .22 Mercury S of mine loves the amazingly well-priced Excite Hammer. So maybe worth giving them a go in some of yours?

Plus, am I remembering correctly that H&N bought the rights to the Defiants, or was I getting that mixed up? You never know, if the new relationship flourishes, BSA might be able to make some "custom demands"?

Hi Pete, yep, you're quite correct re the pricing of many of the H&N pellets, including the popular (and excellent) FTT.

Now, as regards those barrels, that .22 Mercury S of mine loves the amazingly well-priced Excite Hammer. So maybe worth giving them a go in some of yours?

Plus, am I remembering correctly that H&N bought the rights to the Defiants, or was I getting that mixed up? You never know, if the new relationship flourishes, BSA might be able to make some "custom demands"?
    I've got some of those defiants and have to say they don't group very well in my Beeza's

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Bought some new to me BSA Elite in. 22 blue tin off our sponsor and tried them today for the first time in a BSA Stutzen open sights very good but only 10 metres will pop a scope on and try longer distances.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've got some of those defiants and have to say they don't group very well in my Beeza's

Pete
    Never tried them Pete, so wouldn't know.

My Supersport loves the Hobby and the Mercury seems to like Superdome and the aforementioned Hammer so quest is over for me.

Never tried them Pete, so wouldn't know.

My Supersport loves the Hobby and the Mercury seems to like Superdome and the aforementioned Hammer so quest is over for me.
    One of my Challengers I had many years ago had a .22 Lightning barrel fitted and that loved FTT's, I try to run all my same calibre rifles with the same ammo, just saves having to buy lot's of different makes and luckily most of them like Air Arms or JSB's but my .20 Theoben likes FTT's.

Pete

The thing is Tone, most H&N pellets are pretty well priced anyway compared to other make pellets, it would be nice if BSA could get one of the pellet makers to produce a 5.6 size pellet to replace the wasps that used to go so well through their barrels (and tap loaders).

Pete
    Along similar lines it would be good if their "own brand" .25 fitted their old .243" barrels (as they used to) the current Pylarm is a 6.3mm 21gn which is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Along similar lines it would be good if their "own brand" .25 fitted their old .243" barrels (as they used to) the current Pylarm is a 6.3mm 21gn which is too big.
    Very true.

Pete

Defiants were better than original Eley Wasp in my airsporter S.

.25 super H point might work in old BSA barrels. They are a bit undersized and have ranged from good to awful in my HW80. It might be a batch issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Defiants were better than original Eley Wasp in my airsporter S.

.25 super H point might work in old BSA barrels. They are a bit undersized and have ranged from good to awful in my HW80. It might be a batch issue.
    Somewhat misses the point that BSA/Gamo changed the Pylarm size from <6.3mm 18.6gn which fitted their older barrels to >6.3mm 21.6gn which is too big.

Pete
    Actually if BSA just dumped all their pellets and made a proper Wasp / Pylarm from days gone by I think they'd be onto a winner. the original Wasp was the go-to pellet until the Superdome kicked it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    Actually if BSA just dumped all their pellets and made a proper Wasp / Pylarm from days gone by I think they'd be onto a winner. the original Wasp was the go-to pellet until the Superdome kicked it aside.
    It strange why ely stopped making the wasp pellet especially since they still make shotgun cartridges