Thread: Valuation for a friend please - Meteors and SA pistol

Valuation for a friend please - Meteors and SA pistol

Hi guys, hope this is OK but a friend on a non gun forum was selling some guns that I thought were maybe undervalued, can you advise please?

“I have for sale a matched pair of BSA Meteor .177 lever action air rifles which I suspect date back to around 1980. They have been in dry storage for many years and are in good condition for their age. Here is a photo (please disregard the telescopic sight, it’s broken so won’t be included in any sale).

https://i.imgur.com/TVmHZij.jpg

I also have for sale a Sussex Armoury Panther RO71 .177 lever action target air pistol, also in very good condition in its original box. Again, I suspect this is roughly the same age as the rifles.

https://i.imgur.com/v5vEK34.jpg

I really have no idea what to price these at, or even if there is a market for them. I’m going to suggest £50 for the pistol and £60 each for the rifles (or £100 for both BSAs).“
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Rifles look like MkVs. At least £75.00 each. I would certainly pay more than that for the top one if it was advertised.

Pistol, possibly £35-£45 because of the Star Wars connection. Without that , it's a definite 30 quidsworth

Couple of quid for the broken scope. It is worth that for the period mounts

Meteor

Hi rifles look in good nick .I would agree that the top one is a Mark v but looking at the rear sights on the bottom one would say it's a mark four .should sell easy enough