Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this incredible engraving!

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I think that they are amazing works of art, but if I owned one I wouold probably be afraid to use it for it's intended purpose. Can you imagine how it would feel if you put a dink in it?
    I imagine if you are rich enough to own one you are rich enough not to care
    Morally flawed

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I guess so, but if I suddenly became rich enough to own one I don't think I could not care....longstanding habits etc.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    or it was designed with the engraving in mind....
    Do they do that?...I thought they were the same as their non-engraved models.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I think that they are amazing works of art, but if I owned one I wouold probably be afraid to use it for it's intended purpose. Can you imagine how it would feel if you put a dink in it?
    If you were in Africa, and faced with a charging Lion or Buffalo, I reckon you would use it sharpish, and not give the engraving a second thought

edbear2 Guest
    When I bought the earlier of these two Spode engraved Light patterns, no-one was interested at the saleroom so I did well, I contected Pete and he then did another to see how his skills had moved on, the second one was for sale at Melbourne and again no interest (I think I put 2.5K on it as advised, a fraction of what it would have cost to do in time and materials).

If you look on Westly Richards at the prices for best engraved express rifles for example, they are eye watering. Pete told me of guys buying triple sets of the very best they made that just the barrel conditioning cost of rounds would buy you a precharge...basically gun room ornaments, but others were used hard.

Airgunners are pretty conservative, I don't even like brass triggers myself, just blue and wood for me generally

Early gun as done by Pete as an example of his work in earlier days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...57630465799996

Later gun done after we made contact....I had the stressful job of building this, sighting it in etc, so tapping on the sights and adjusting, and apart a few times till I got the thing runnig nicely..tends to concentrate the mind as one slip with a screwdriver etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...57633119701591

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    +1

Nobody spends their LAST £150,000 on a gun do they ? It is probably just a drop in the ocean to them, a small part of the " health,sport and pastimes" budget for the year

Just wonderful to see such skill. I wonder how many months of work each gun took to complete ?