Thread: Night Shoot At Mays Shooting Ground

Night Shoot At Mays Shooting Ground

Just a quick Congratulations to
    Shaggy for coming second (with a .22)
    Rayowl for coming third after a shoot off (with a TX) and
    Chippendale for coming fourth after a shoot off
    What a great night cant wait for the next one!
    Last edited by jonesy; 06-11-2005 at 08:42 PM.
    HW100 BULLPUP .177 DEBEN 6-26x56(Bullpuped by Keef)
    HW90 TB .20 SMART 3.8-12x44
    RAPID 7 .22 SMART 3.8-12x44(Sorted by Sam)
    STEALTH .25 MAG IV50 5-20x50
    HW40 Thanks to Zwirek
    CP99
    HW90K .177 BISLEY 3-9x40
    RABBIT STOPPER in bits
    STATICAL .22 in bits
    BSA SUPER METEOR .22 (custom? )
    WIFE

What a great night we had m8, and Phil (Daystateman) is looking to making it a regular thing i for one am looking forwards to the next night shoot, well done to Phil, Richard and all the organisers.

Located here
    http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...multimap.y=183
    Last edited by rayowl; 06-11-2005 at 12:57 AM.

Shaggy Guest
    Good bash really nice short course & loads of fireworks, which lasted about 2.5 hours

Steve, Richard & I set the course out, It wasn't easy trying to set up a course were the targets wern't put in popular locations for the lanes used. Mark Colin & their better halfs need a pat on the back also. as soon as they turned up they pitched straignt away.

I recon Steve's legs are sore going up & down the ladder all afternoon I still don't understand why on earth Richard didn't want to shoot the comp after putting all that effort in, laying out the course & sorting all the statiionry needed to identifiy each target.

Glad the rain held off, would have made it a bit messy..
    I recon, we are all on to a winner, regular night shoots from now on? Went down that well it has to happen again?
    No one moaned about all black paddles & faceplates on every target either, which was a surprise.

funny how 4 of us in a row managed to shot off the green tape on just 1 target
    must have been a good setup for Rayowl (Tony) to wanna do it again regularly.

Well done Pete for coming 1st. cracking score m8, especially as it's your 1st night comp & 1st time trying a course set up to UKAHFT rules.

It was a shame that in the shoot off for 3rd the wind picked up a bit more then it was when we all went round.
    I recon the shoot off was a lot harder by a long way.
    It looked like Rayowl (Tony) was gonna get third easly as Chippendale(Steve) plated 2 targets, but as it came down to the last but 1 Chippendale(Steve) pulled of a really sweet shot @ a 45 yarder.
    Up a tree with 10mph wind to tie with Rayowl (Tony).
    It all came down to the last target, & Rayowl (Tony) got it & unfortunetly Chippendale (Steve) split it. Maybe you'll start going to HFT meets now Rayowl (Tony)?

A well deserved score for joint 3rd rusing a TX200, compeating , against Steve's Rapid! mind you it could have been that easy for Steve using a 4x40 scope. Sshame you both deserve joint 3rd.

Dean (Jonesy)M8, I recon you want to get lessons off your brother on how to shoot withyour bins on
    Espically considering he'd never done a comp before.
    He still managed to beat you by 3 must burn a bit? either that or you should have used those knockover pellets your brother was using. IMHO you must have been using the plate only pellets which were meant for your Brov. Maby next time M8 you can shoot without your bins on? that could have producred a higher score?

Thanks to every one for a great night @ the club, Thanks Anne & Colin for laying on the crub, burgers were lovely.

ATB
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    I recon, we are all on to a winner, regular night shoots from now on?
    I think you can count on that m8

My thanks also to Anne & Colin and all involved in setting it up.

better late than never i suppose,
    a good night was had by all that attended!
    a very big thankyou to the guys and girls that put in the effort and pitched in with the course setting and the lighting, food and fireworks.
    after all a club is what you make it and you only get out of it what you put into it. you must get total pleasure out of the club as i have seen what you all have put into it.

the night hunter comps will be a winter thing only to start off with, perhaps every other thursday as i dont intend to let the club run my life

NEXT NIGHT HUNTER will be not this thursday but the following thursday night and will start at around 7pm.

there will be a small fee to pay for entry and to support the buying of trophies and prizes for the end of the series that we are running , but it wont be nothing to drastic.

guests welcome, but please e mail for confirmation that there is space due to insurance purposes.

once again, a big thank you to all of those people who turned up and put in the effort.

playtime Guest

Thumbs up excuses

hi all and darren.my excuses for not shooting
    1 all those burgers were getting cold waiting for someone to eat them
    2 dont like bringing guns out in rain
    3 couldnt find my hit-only pellets
    4 not fair setting course then shooting it
    5 with all the bonfires it was too foggy
    many thanks to ann and colin for supplying fireworks and food and everyone else who helped on the event."MAY" it continue.

hehehehe
    like the excuses, hit only pellets indeed!