Thread: Webley New Model Senior

Webley New Model Senior

New Model Webley Senior
    Perhaps the big brains on the BBS can help me? In my Webley Senior group, I have three examples of the New Model. The earliest is no. S7920, which puts it quite early in the series. The highest number is S13222, and it seems likely this was actually produced post-war. (I rescued it from a rusty death when I bought it at Kempton last Sunday). Has anyone got an idea of its production date?
    John

All are pre war, 1935-1940 models, with those numbers nearer to the former date.

Thanks to slug-gun; but I seem to remember reading that these pistols were on sale until 1942 or thereabouts, probably using up pre-war stock - and that may be the cause of my confusion.
    John

This one is a 13000 number, always thought about 1936/37.....

The interesting thing is if the new style cocking link is 1) a replacement, 2) an item that was already available before the war or 3) these pistols were in fact sold after the war, with an upgraded link assembly.
    Below a very late (if not the latest S18999) prewar Senior with the upgraded link assembly.

Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The interesting thing is if the new style cocking link is 1) a replacement, 2) an item that was already available before the war or 3) these pistols were in fact sold after the war, with an upgraded link assembly.
    Below a very late (if not the latest S18999) prewar Senior with the upgraded link assembly.

Very nice, I much prefer the profile of the trigger on these pre-war models to the later fatter curlier one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Very nice, I much prefer the profile of the trigger on these pre-war models to the later fatter curlier one.
    I too prefer the non-serrated barrel, trigger shape and logo-less grips of the early Slant Grip Senior. Although I find this model more comfortable to hold consistently on aim, I still have a thing about the appearance of the Straight Grip model.

Brian