Thread: Tuning HW100S ,177 sub 12ft lbs

Tuning HW100S ,177 sub 12ft lbs

Good morning,

It has been a long time since I last posted as I had sold my HW100T to a friend of mine in .177.The rifle was absolutely spot on! I recently decided to try and get it back but my friend will not part with it as it is one of his go-to-guns. I don't blame him! 😂
    Well I decided to buy myself a new HW100 but in a full length sporter from The Airgun Center in Essex. I cannot recommend them enough and Ben was pleasantly surprised to see me as the last time I was there I purchased a Daystate Pulsar in .177.
    After looking at all the rifles I could choose from I took the plunge and purchased a HW100S in .177. 😀
    I remember a number of years ago reading on this forum about a member sending his HW100 to be 'serviced' and if I remember correctly, the person servicing the rifle tuned it at the same time. I remember the member mentioning that his rifle had excess grease etc and once his rifle had been serviced and tuned the rifle shot better than original.
    My question is has anyone else tuned their rifle from new to remove the excess grease etc without adding custom parts as I believe the original rifle is superb so a tune just to make sure everything is perfect for the individual rifle will make it deliver a better shooter experience overall.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. I understand that as the rifle is new there will be a period of 'running in' the rifle but would rather have my rifle tuned and operating at its best.

Thanks for reading and all the very best!

Kind regards,

David
    Daystate Pulsar .177 with Leupold VX-3 4.5-14X40mm & Weihrauch HW100S

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    I just sent mine to Blackmax on here to have exactly what you describe done. PM him, he’s a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I just sent mine to Blackmax on here to have exactly what you describe done. PM him, he’s a good guy.

Where is Blackmax located? I am in West Sussex.

Kind regards,

David
    Daystate Pulsar .177 with Leupold VX-3 4.5-14X40mm & Weihrauch HW100S

HW95L clean/lube

My new HW95 was not shooting as accurate as I thought that it should so I took it apart and this is the condition of the piston seal.

I believe that Weihrauch was over greasing/oiling the rifles at the factory. I put in an ARH kit with a Vortek seal and the POI is now excellent. I throughly cleaned out all of the old grease using break cleaner and my BP rifle ramrod with parts of an old t-shirt taped to the end of the rod. I used GPL-205 for the re-lube. The cocking cycle is smooth & soundless now and the shot cycle is a dull thud. Good luck and hope that you enjoy your new rifle.

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee68 View Post
    Where is Blackmax located? I am in West Sussex.

Kind regards,

David
    Norfolk, I posted my action. Mine is about fifteen years old and was leaking. Apparently it was smothered in grease, I also had the anti tamper removed.
    Last edited by CannonFodder; 12-06-2021 at 01:55 PM.

100s were/are often loaded with grease. They benefit from removal to be frank but it can make the action sound louder.

If you do this to a new gun in warranty then potentially it could cause issues.

I guess the argument its better to have too much than not enough but I found pre degreasing, the power could drift either direction.

What you want is the right amount.

I would recommend Ratworks.

Swap to alloy and flog the steel. Balance is a total game changer. Phils regs blast the HW 100 reg clear out of the water.

Both worthwhile mods I would do ASAP or the next day out of warranty if you prefer
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill