Thread: Book....BSA, any news please

Book....BSA, any news please

A little while ago, back in March I think, I asked for some info about Cadets & Cadet Majors to which there were several interesting replies & in response to one of them I mentioned that I understood a new book about BSA might be on the horizon. Well that in itself brought some encouraging replies but I wondered if there was any news available on the progress of the project which I think was at the stage where a publisher was needed to take it to the next level.

Anybody heard any encouraging news about the book please? Not that I am desperate to spend money you understand, it's just that the Knibbs ones might have to be kept in a bank vault unthumbed as value seems to be headed northwards & Mr Hillers book is almost a loose leaf version now.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    A little while ago, back in March I think, I asked for some info about Cadets & Cadet Majors to which there were several interesting replies & in response to one of them I mentioned that I understood a new book about BSA might be on the horizon. Well that in itself brought some encouraging replies but I wondered if there was any news available on the progress of the project which I think was at the stage where a publisher was needed to take it to the next level.

Anybody heard any encouraging news about the book please? Not that I am desperate to spend money you understand, it's just that the Knibbs ones might have to be kept in a bank vault unthumbed as value seems to be headed northwards & Mr Hillers book is almost a loose leaf version now.
    The manuscript has been completed and the book will be self published later this year.

We're nearly there.

It will be around 270 pages long and include over 500 colour photos. The book concentrates on BSAs made between 1905 and 1939 though, so will not include post war air rifles such as the Cadet.

Kind Regards,

John Milewski
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

That's a very encouraging reply indeed, many thanks for the rapid response too.

Looking forward to this. I find the inter war years very interesting from a design and manufacturing angle. Not just for guns but for all types of products. They got over one war, got through a depression then everything was changed by another war.

Are you open for advance orders yet please John?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Are you open for advance orders yet please John?
    Not yet but will post on this site on a fresh thread once I have the finished product in my hands.

There are still several more processes for me to complete before I get there.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Not yet but will post on this site on a fresh thread once I have the finished product in my hands.

There are still several more processes for me to complete before I get there.

Kind regards,

John
    That’s great news John.
    Looking forward to the book becoming available.
    I will be more than interested in getting a copy..
    Atb
    Les..