we live in a semi rural area and a neighbour 2 doors away likes to shoot the wood pigeons. we often hear him firing his gun, in his back garden, throughout the day. he also shoots pigeons out of the trees, on the opposite side of the street, from his front garden. my partner watched him shoot one last week, from his front doorstep, and just leave it flapping around in the road to slowly die, after it fell out of the tree, which upset her. this annoyed me when she told me, ive nothing against killing pests, but leaving them to die slowly is just cruel, in my book.

this morning, we were sat in the back garden, enjoying the nice weather, when said neighbour shot a pigeon that was sat in the tree in our back garden, about 20ft from us. it fell onto the lawn and flapped its wings for a few seconds before going still. this upset my partner quite a lot, shes an animal lover and a big softy.
seeing my partner upset got me angry and i shouted out to the bloke, asking him what the hell he thinks hes doing. we all have high fences so cant see each other. i never got any answer.
i bagged up the bird, it was a nice clean shot through the head, and binned it, then stormed off to confront the bloke. unfortunately my temperature was up, so i wasnt quiet, and i imagine a few people in the close heard me. the bloke denied it was him, which made me more angry. anyway i left, telling him that if i see him out front with his rifle any more im reporting him.

i just cant believe someone would be stupid enough to shoot into other peoples gardens. the neighbour is in his 60's id guess, not some dopey teenager.

enthusiasts follow all the laws and make every effort not to upset people, but one idiot like my neighbour can undo years of good work.
it really annoys me.