Quote Originally Posted by jcr71 View Post
thanks for all the replies people. im not going to report the bloke for it, but i have told him that if i see him out front with his rifle any more i will report him, and i mean it.

my partner has spoken to the lady next door, shes not happy seeing the birds shot either. and to be honest, i dont expect anyone else in the street is either.
i cant imagine why you think i should apologise to some idiot who fired a gun into my garden Turnup?
I do not know what words and forceful voice you used but I was trying to engineer a means whereby you can open a possibly more constructive dialogue with him. It seems so far that no-one has tried to curtail his activity by simply expressing disapproval and perhaps pointing out the illegal aspects of his behaviour, and it is possible that he is not aware of either aspect. Much more likley to listen and digest a dispassionate approach. particlulary if this is backed up with the disapproval from other locals. You are not apologising for what he did, you are apologising for your reaction as a way to take some heat out of your relationship with him. If he seems indifferent to all this then cartrainly close with a simple and calm statement that shoud there be a repeat of any projectiles leaving his property then you will certainly involve the police and you have the backing of other neighbours.