Thread: HW 100 barrel band

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, tried with the barrel band on and off an made no difference what so ever. It’s a super accurate gun anyway but was just curious. Was also thinking of changing it for a slightly lighter FX Maverick but just can’t justify another £800 on top of an already fantastic rifle. 👌🏻

I removed the O-Ring from my barrel band after I discovered some water had at some stage previously gotten trapped and caused a ring of rust on the barrel. I noticed how the barrel naturally sits is not concentric with the band either so it's likely helped a little although it was reasonably accurate anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew 3 View Post
    Well, tried with the barrel band on and off an made no difference what so ever. It’s a super accurate gun anyway but was just curious. Was also thinking of changing it for a slightly lighter FX Maverick but just can’t justify another £800 on top of an already fantastic rifle. 👌🏻
    Thank you for your investigation, guess those Weihrauch chaps know what their doing.

They sure do! I shoot better groups with a slightly heavier rifle too and it has a sling fitted, so don’t think the Maverick, tempting as it may be, will be on the shopping list anytime soon.