Thread: FX Wildcat MK3 Yay or Nay?

FX Wildcat MK3 Yay or Nay?

Having some teething troubles with some guns that have not been used for over 10 years and whilst browsing
    I spotted the FX Wildcat MK3 and thought mmm likey...

The price is a shock as is the price of everything it seems. Prices seemed to have been fairly stable until the last
    3 or 5 years where everything just seemed to take a great leap.

It would be .177 sub 12ft/lbs Compact or Sniper? Any real difference in accuracy?

Alternatives?

Thanks

Dave.

Thumbs down

I had nothing but trouble with my mk3

As delivered it shot like a shotgun, pellets all over the place and I tried 25+ samples. So a replacement Liner was fitted and things improved, although it would now shoot ok it would move its poi 50-100mm and group ok there, then move somewhere else.

After weeks of testing it showed the flimsy liner system was moving every time the rifle was layed down, refilled or put in its case, yes it would group ok now but I never knew where that was until I shot it. After months of waiting for a refund or replacement the importer finally sent a replacement which got sold immediately as Id read and had seen enough fx issues to put me off, forever.

The mk3 was pictured in addverts with a picc rail but once you have bought one you find out thats an extra £100

Biggest mistake of my airgun ride.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Hells teeth, been looking at and handling the three big fx’s this morning, impact, maverick and wildcat. Think the impact is for me but this is off putting considering the price point.

Hells teeth from me too.
    I have never seen or handled any fx apart from 2 years ago a friends wildcat fac.
    I have a slot to replace my troublesome fac airwolf and have been liking the sound of the M3.
    Not wanting to blow £2,800 on deltawolf my other thought is RAW fn1000.
    Now I don't know what I fancy.

I had the mk1 WC and it was accurate but suffered regulator issues, twice. It took a few years for me to try again and the mk3 was a pile compared.

Ive found stuff like Kalibrgun, AGT and Edgun offerings to be superb, Im also fond of a Rapid.

One other fx fact that made me laugh was all this calibre swap abilities and I was told that the warranty is void if a calibre was changed inside that time. When I advertised the new replacement for sale it took a while to get a message and at 1/3 off.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Unhappy

I bought a new MK3 compact just before Christmas in .177 simply because i liked the idea of changing calibres/power as i was waiting for my FAC to be sorted. Now it has been ,im always out with the .22lr or .17 hmr and the wildcat is still sitting in the cabinet unused. Its a shame because it my first foray into the bullpup world & its a fantastic rifle. Ill probably end putting it up for sale when i get round to it.

Been using my mates wildcat mk3 .22 in Fac for about a year. Stupidly accurate, consistent and quiet enough. Personally I don't like bullpups as I've a long neck, and would I buy one? No. I'm too tight to spend £1300 on a hobby. He also has a crown in 12ftlb and I've the cyclone.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

My mk 2 wildcat has been superb Cannot speak highly enough of it after years and years of HW100 KT,s

Yea, would have to px my HW100t also to of set the cost……. Decisions, decisions

look a nice bit of kit

There’s some nicely sorted fx’s around as a guy at our range has been modifying them and sorting them out, although sadly mine was beyond saving. Search Jeffsky on the other forum as he and his son have almost made a business out of repairing and tweaking fx pcps.

Find a used one that’s been through those guys Id say rather than a new gamble, if and only if your stuck on an fx, but there’s so much better out their imho.

Good luck and enjoy

Chris

I have a Mk3 and it is superb - lovely trigger and no issues with accuracy or anything. I bought it to replace my Cyclone which I've had for years and similarly have had no issues with accuracy or reliability.