Well, after returning to airguns after many decades via old meteor mk2, smk18/19, 2x99s and finally 2x 30s in 177 & 22 with accompanying multiple associated scopes, shooting every week (covid restriction allowing) theses are my observations over last couple of years, plus this must be taken into context that I am an aged shooter.
I have noticed these seem curiously very well appreciated in the USA, much more so than here, anyway both 30s can be shot all day and I have gone from as far as I am concerned silly large mag & objective scopes (even for 99s) down to 4x32 duplex's which seem just right for the range of both me and the rifles - 20/35yds.
I shoot with either bsa bag or porta-aim and when others not looking attempt standing unaided - very embarrassingly very badly - admiration and top marks to you who can do so, I feel happy actually managing to hitting a 3'' target at 20yds.
Different stocks - I have both wood and synthetic, the wood is much nicer and although some my snigger really does dampen any recoil & associated noise transferred through cheek. However the synthetic does feel much' easier to hold' especially when in my words - shooting unaided (anyone wishing to swap, please pm)
My favourite scope at present although can find nothing published about is an old japanese tasco 4x32 ao, anyone else have experience of?