Thread: Wilson trimming case holders choice?

Wilson trimming case holders choice?

I wish to buy a case holder for my Wilson case trimmer, but have a problem with choice.
    I have cases for three other calibres, but for a 6.5 Grendel the site offers two choices, fired and un-fired and I'm afraid I don't comprehend this choice.

The cases are new Lapua cases in 6.5 Grendel, so I assume that they will be trimmed to the correct length? I'm unable to get the standard dimensions, i.e. max case length, max C.O.L. as my Pc is not allowing me to access some sites which have them, and that's another job rectifying that.

Assuming the new case is already trimmed to length? the company is saying that I need the un-fired holder, but if they had been fired , then I would buy the fired case.

My other calibres, 6.5 Swede, 223 Rem and 357 have just one case available, why two different types for the Grendel?
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

This should explain.

https://lewilson.com/rifle-case-holders

If I get stuck for case dimensions, I generally use this.

https://saami.org/technical-informat...mber-drawings/

Wilson case holder.

Many thanks for both links.

I can see from the link that the 'unfired case holder' is for neck sized cases, thus it is a unfired case holder I require which I can now order thanks to you.

Also your other link will be invaluable too.

Thanks again for your help.
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

More information

You might like to check www.accurateshooter.com and their search function your 6.5 x 47 Grendel
    They show a drawing of the Lapua case with a dimension of 47mm or 1.850" max. cartridge length
    Check your chamber to be sure that this dimension matches and then trim your cases 0.010" shorter than your chamber.
    The COL may be different from one firearm to another regarding magazine length but if that is not a problem you might wish to find out where the bullet you are going to shoot touches the lands and come off or go into the lands what ever gives you the best groups.
    Centerfire