Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early HW55 with Aluminium butt pad

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That is probably a unique collection, unless maybe Mike D has more.

Do you have one (or more?) of those weird bargain 55s without the barrel lock?

DST is a bit envy-inducing. I’ve never owned a set trigger rifle, and must some time. Any views on how the HW DST compares to the Walther or others? I’ve an irrational attraction to the Walthers, but, being irrational, it has no basis in fact.
    Alas...I have but 4 aluminum butts, LOL. But one does sport a DST. I've never stumbled upon one of the lock-less "F" actions.

Frank will know more, but I think the DST's were all adaptations of firearm triggers. I know back when my pal Gaines Blackwell was collecting, he discovered that the Walther and HW ones differed, and that the DST in the Walther LG 53 was not the same as in the LG 55.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Alas...I have but 4 aluminum butts, LOL. But one does sport a DST. I've never stumbled upon one of the lock-less "F" actions.

Frank will know more, but I think the DST's were all adaptations of firearm triggers. I know back when my pal Gaines Blackwell was collecting, he discovered that the Walther and HW ones differed, and that the DST in the Walther LG 53 was not the same as in the LG 55.
    Mike, I will start a new thread about DST rifles so it will be easier to find when using the "search" function.

===================
    Frank

Today I've been studying and enjoying this thread all over again, LOL...! What a marvelous group of collectible air rifles.

Frank, I'd really love to see more close-up photos of the two DST guns! No. 8275 has some very interesting details, and the gun combining early finger-groove Tyrolean stock - AND "F" action - AND double-set triggers, may be the most unique HW 55 in captivity!