Thread: For Sale: Pre War Webley Junior 'tin grip' with the adjustable rearsight:

For Sale: Pre War Webley Junior 'tin grip' with the adjustable rearsight:

For Sale:

An early pre war example of the WEBLEY JUNIOR 'tin-grip' air pistol, serial number J3490, so from 1931 or so. This example is one of the seldom seen variants with the adjustable rear sight, which comprised a steel strip cut into the breech block, into which fitted a thin blade which was then secured by a grub screw.

This pistol retains nearly all of its original blued finish, with the frame having turned a pleasant 'plum' colour, as is usual with these Webleys. There is very minor evidence of surface corrosion on the outer edges of the frame, but minimal.

BUT: On the back of the grip has been cut a series of neat serrations, 18 in all and evenly spaced about 1/8" apart from one another and only across one half of the back of the 'grip'.
    These cuts have been carefully applied, and I would love to be able to suggest that they are 'factory' or some amazing prototype initiated to allow better contact in the hand!

However it is more likely that they are the air pistol equivalent of notches on a bed post, perhaps put there by a youthful owner to signify the number of crows he shot? That they have been there a long time can be seen by the way they have 'weathered' with the rest of the finish around them.

Also the tiny leaf rear sight blade and its securing screw are missing. Shame about the notches because otherwise the pistol is lovely, and would have been a £200 gun.

With them however it is £100 plus £8.50 special Delivery postage!

I'll take that if you don't mind please. Confirm, and I will do a BT.
    Thanks
    Fred

Sold to the Mancunian.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Sold to the Mancunian.
    ACTUALLY, I'm a LANCASTRIAN

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Do people actually admit to that,, Lol. Glad you acquired it Mr Wombler as i nearly pressed yes myself and if there had been a picture then most probably would have bought it,, Enjoy,, Col.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post

Actually you're both a Lancastrian and a Mancunian and there's nowt wrong with that!