Thread: Meteor Tuning

Meteor Tuning

I have a lovely wee meteor I’ve been keeping for the kids, just found a scope for it and I’m contemplating tuning it, is there any drop in kits that can be recommended please?

Not looking for more power just to make it smoother to shoot as the kids are getting bigger and soon to be shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy View Post
    I have a lovely wee meteor I’ve been keeping for the kids, just found a scope for it and I’m contemplating tuning it, is there any drop in kits that can be recommended please?

Not looking for more power just to make it smoother to shoot as the kids are getting bigger and soon to be shooting!
    No kits that I’m aware of. Just the old-fashioned strip, smooth, lube thing.

Chambers do guides, top hats and tuning kits for the Meteor.

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisp...=24702&Search=

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy View Post

I dropped a gas ram into one last year. Kit was available from Aussie Seals. Made the firing cycle much smoother with no recoil, but the issue for me with the Meteor will always be the useless trigger. The trigger ruins what could really be quite a good little gun imo. Pity really as I have a Scorpion pistol which is essentially just a chopped down Meteor, but the trigger on the Scorpion is a world away.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    For many of us our first rifle, I loved mine! Its not worth tuning them, just clean & lube properly & shoot it!
    40 years down the road i acquired another one & its not like i remembered it, shoots ok but it really is a poor quality gun. The sad thing is i find a rusty old relum far better made. My first meteor the barrel got so loose i squashed the barrel jaws in the vice once a week to tighten it up!
    Then about ten years ago was working on another one & found the barrel jaws are actually hollow made up from steel pressings, about the worst cost cutting exercise the maker could do.

Wonderful Meteors

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    For many of us our first rifle, I loved mine! Its not worth tuning them, just clean & lube properly & shoot it!
    40 years down the road i acquired another one & its not like i remembered it, shoots ok but it really is a poor quality gun. The sad thing is i find a rusty old relum far better made. My first meteor the barrel got so loose i squashed the barrel jaws in the vice once a week to tighten it up!
    Then about ten years ago was working on another one & found the barrel jaws are actually hollow made up from steel pressings, about the worst cost cutting exercise the maker could do.
    Fraid these are so tactile that they must be stripped , polished and tuned LOL LOL .
    I heard Bowket used to tune these up to near 12ft / lb .

Love my mk1, all I've added is a delrin spring guide, smoothes it out a treat.
    I've no problems with the trigger.
    ATB
    Dan