Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air gun pellet target traps

Here is my little set up mainly home made bits but fine and holds up to serious hammer from up to 12ftlb even at closer ranges.

This is my back garage and distance up to 5m so only use open sights.

I'm using my hw30 in the video but you can make targets bigger or smaller to suit your distance and skill.
    mate

https://youtu.be/PwWWadxylNY

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Fine for pistols but won't last long for rifles. we have one at the club but its strictly pistol use only.

Bob
    exactly; pistols and sub 6 rifles. I have one in my garage, and they are fine for low power, but even 6 FP is top end...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.22 View Post
    Here is my little set up mainly home made bits but fine and holds up to serious hammer from up to 12ftlb even at closer ranges.
    This is my back garage and distance up to 5m so only use open sights.
    I'm using my hw30 in the video but you can make targets bigger or smaller to suit your distance and skill.
    mate
    https://youtu.be/PwWWadxylNY
    Nice Des, thanks. The box I have is 18mm ply, 600 x 300 x 300. It has been kicking around the shed since being pulled from the BIL carpenters trailer where it served some purpose or other. It has almost been biffed more than a few times.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 20-06-2021 at 01:11 PM. Reason: dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    My Wolfman target holder is relatively new but has withstood hundreds of 11fpe pellets from 5 or 6 yards with nothing more than some impact marks on the paint.
    No bouncing back at all, pellets simply flatten into little lead flower shapes.
    No doubt BBs would be a different matter.
    I experimented with lead sheet lining - to minimise the noise - but it wears through quickly in areas of repeated impact.
    Try sticking a bit of old carpet on the back making sure it doesn't interfere with operation - great sound deadening! I use it on the back of my target box backstop of 2mm stainless plate which has stopped thousands of ~11 fpe pellets at about one meter when do MV tests!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!