Thread: Smk 4x32 compact

Smk 4x32 compact

I got one of these to try on one of my Hw30. I re-parallaxed it for 20yds - which allows, I think best spread for what I shoot the 30 at (10-30yds) and it sits well on the 30. So far (couple of tins) it appears to hold zero, though realise very little stress incurred by the 30. Has anyone else tried one?

Myself I am a bit of a Hawke fanboy, I use one of their 4x32 mil dot re-parallaxed to the same distance and as you say, very good for between 10 to 30 yards on a 30s.

I have been meaning to try the SMK similarly adjusted on a rimfire project that I have on the go and if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from please.

Thank You.

Portzy, I got it new on e-bay from 'Mr services Hazelmere ltd'. The main reason I got was just couldn't really do open sights past 10yds. It is only 9'' in length and looks in proportion on a HW30.

Quote Originally Posted by Damned 69 View Post
    Portzy, I got it new on e-bay from 'Mr services Hazelmere ltd'. The main reason I got was just couldn't really do open sights past 10yds. It is only 9'' in length and looks in proportion on a HW30.
    Thank you, I'll look into it, so to speak!

I once had a brief go with a rifle fitted with one of the 4x28 SMK scopes at a Boinger Bash. Although, admittedly, we're talking bright conditions, that little scope certainly impressed with image clarity and sharpness.....especially taking into account the price.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!