Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airrifles with DST (double,set triggers)

The DST was also very safe in the sense that you become used to deliberately setting one trigger and then knowing that the hair trigger needs only the lightest of touches to release it.
    Last edited by Garvin; 18-06-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

This is a marvelous thread! Frank, your excellent photography of your amazing collection - as always - stands alone. The close-ups of the HW and Walther DST's are very interesting indeed.

I notice both your HW DST's have the long trigger block. The only DST I own is an HW 55 with the early short trigger block. I'm away for a few days but now I'm very curious what differences it might have! I'll post pics when I can.

Frank and Danny, as an aside I'd be very interested to know what type of lighting and cameras you use for your pictures. They are consistently of archive quality.

Mike, I would love to see detailed pics of your short trigger block DST.

My setup for making pics is very simple .. a home made wooden stand for 4 halogen building lights and two old Canon Power Shot Pro1 cameras with 8mp and the standard lens (7.2-50.8mm 1:2.4-3.5 don't even know what that exactly means).
    Have tried using LED lights but that was no succes because of the high frequency "flikkering"...
    Taking pics in the highest resolution the camera is capable of, then editing them in Paint Shop Pro 5 and finally resize them.
    So I have the original high res. pics. AND the resized ones I use on the net, that way I can allways go back to the original high res ones iff I want a detailed look at some part.

====================
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The DST was also very safe in the sense that you become used to deliberately setting one trigger and then knowing that the hair trigger needs only the lightest of touches to release it.
    Once you are used to them. The very first time I ever used a dst was on a flintlock rifle a club member was showing me. First time I’d shot a flintlock too. Set the rear trigger, reach for the front CHRIST WHAT WAS THAT???

Great fun mind , but after that I really understood what hair trigger meant
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Once you are used to them. The very first time I ever used a dst was on a flintlock rifle a club member was showing me. First time I’d shot a flintlock too. Set the rear trigger, reach for the front CHRIST WHAT WAS THAT???

Blimey! The DST air rifles I've fired (maybe 5 or 6) weren't quite as sensitive as that. I would liken the front trigger closer to a light version of the FWB match triggers.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

First time I tried a .22lr "free pistol" for the 50meter range, I had the same feeling.
    Reaching for the trigger....... finding it BANG! Touching means firing!

==============
    Frank

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Blimey! The DST air rifles I've fired (maybe 5 or 6) weren't quite as sensitive as that. I would liken the front trigger closer to a light version of the FWB match triggers.
    My LG dst catches everyone out Danny, even me if I haven't used it for a while. Just thinking about touching it let's go.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    My LG dst catches everyone out Danny, even me if I haven't used it for a while. Just thinking about touching it let's go.

Dave
    Dave I think we're talking about almost the same thing. My DSTs were very, very light, so the merest twitch of the finger was all that was needed, but at the same time they didn't feel dangerously light and a conscious connection between brain and finger was required.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Thank you, Frank! That is very helpful.

I have a Sony DSLR camera with 10MB resolution and some decent lenses, so should be able to improve my pics with an improved setup.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Thank you, Frank! That is very helpful.

I have a Sony DSLR camera with 10MB resolution and some decent lenses, so should be able to improve my pics with an improved setup.
    Mike, most important is ENOUGH light.

===============
    Frank

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    First time I tried a .22lr "free pistol" for the 50meter range, I had the same feeling.
    Reaching for the trigger....... finding it BANG! Touching means firing!

==============
    Frank
    In the late 70's early 80's my cousin and I used to shoot free pistol - he had an octagonal barrelled Hammerli 107 and I a Toz 35.

We managed to set the triggers to around 30 - 35 grams; literally almost thinking the shot loose.

Happy days, when standard, rapid fire and free pistol could be enjoyed at many ranges in the north west with competitions arranged by both clubs and CLSTSA.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal