Thread: Birmingham Webley Longbow valuation

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)

Birmingham Webley Longbow valuation

What would be the current sale value for a Birmingham made Webley Longbow? Condition is very good, metalwork 90%, the lightest of scuffs on the beech stock, shooting at c. 11 ft lbs, and mechanically in fine condition. Unboxed.

Its been so long since I followed the prices it would be great to have even a ball park figure.

Thanks

Calibre may help. Guessing £325 and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    What would be the current sale value for a Birmingham made Webley Longbow? Condition is very good, metalwork 90%, the lightest of scuffs on the beech stock, shooting at c. 11 ft lbs, and mechanically in fine condition. Unboxed.

Its been so long since I followed the prices it would be great to have even a ball park figure.

Thanks
    People seem to be wacking stuff up in line with house price increases so why not follow the current trend ?
    That’d make a beech longbow about 500 quid - I imagine you’ll easily top 325 for one
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Myself I think £300, If walnut i would say £350 upwards to £400 for a nice one , At mo though its anyones guess.

Not that long ago, I’d have said £200 and a bit for beech and 275-310 for walnut, but prices do seem to have risen quite a lot since then.

Not offering a value beyond that as I have a walnut one and am therefore not completely disinterested.

I sold a beech one not long back for £350 posted but it was mint as new so I think £250 to £300 if it has marks etc.

Dave.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Hmm.. prices have gone up a bit! its in .22

Thank you all!

Webley Longbow

Sold a nice beech one last year in .22 cal for £275. Walnut then £375 and .177 cal adds a little more but they don't shoot as nice as the .22 cal. Mach 1.5