Thread: Regulator for Hatsan AT44-10

Regulator for Hatsan AT44-10

I'm thinking of fitting a regulator to my Hatsan AT44-10 and looking on I've found one but would like some advice from someone who may have used or fitted them. The ones I know of are Huma and the one I spotted on made by a company called Lanes. I know you can buy other rifles with regulators already fitted but I'm not looking at doing that as I'd rather fit a regulator in my Hatsan if it's worth it. Also if there are any other regulators that other know about that are good and cost less. I'd be looking at the smaller regulator as I want to keep my rifle sub 12ft.
    Also on the description it says the regulators can be altered from 30bar to 150 bar. Can anyone explain what this means, does it mean if I fill my cylinder to 200bar then the regulator would run at a lower bar pressure or could I only fill the cylinder to 150bar if I set it at that level.
    Here's the link to the regulator on but if anyone has a link to another site or shop that sells regulators at a better price let me know, thanks.
    https://www./itm/112644296943?hash=i...AAAOSwQxxctmow

I personally wouldn't fit a regulator.

One of Rob Lanes would be the best.
    There are others who swear by Huma.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    you fill your rifle to it's max (maybe 200 BAR)

the regulator reduces the pressure seen by the firing valve (via a small prechamber) down to the set reg pressure (say 100 BAR)

You keep shooting your rifle, and there is no power curve until your rifle gets to 100 BAR, below which the reg just let's through whatever is in the cylinder (this is called "dropping off the reg").

Benefits: no power curve, more shots (if other optimisations are made), a little quieter
    Cons: something else to go wrong (seals etc)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

When I had an AT44, I fitted an Altaros regulator to it. Fitting was very straightforward (from memory, I just removed an 'O' ring from an and cap), I ended up setting it at about 110bar, with the standard configuration of transfer port and hammer setting. This achieved about 10.9ft/lb. There was an improvement on accuracy on the first mag from 200 bar fill and things were nice and consistent for 65'ish shots, from the trials I conducted in my .22" calibre model.

Thanks for the replies, looks like I might go with the Lane regulator.