Thread: Airgun Benchrest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airgun Benchrest

Hi all.
    I shoot regular small bore in benchrest comps, and in the past shot 10M, air rifle.
    however with the advent of my FAC renewal and cant really face long term the hassel of it again.
    quite interested in if there is an active interest in 25m benchrest for airguns? are there any purpose build benchrest guns at normal sub 12 ft/lb level?
    cheers

Benchrest rifle

Few companies do actual benchrest air rifles, Ataman do a competitive one at a decent price. A good option would be to get a good second hand Air Arms HFT500 and put it in a BR stock, put a Sightron 36x fixed power scope on top and you'll have a really good setup.

Benchrest

Rapid do a popular benchrest pcp at a fair price and if you have £4k to spend, then Thomas Air rifles will supply you a BR 12 ft lb model. Importing the Thomas may present problem. Or you could buy a wedge to fit the stock dovetail and fit it to a HFT 500, an EV2 or similar FT rifle.
    hold me back !!

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    There is quite a big following for 25m BR in the UK with Sub 12fpe air guns, but not that many purpose built manufactured ones. It's far more common for people to either use stands, bipods, or a custom stock for BR, and dozens of rifles are regularly used for it from the cheap to the elite.

A few which are used for it, especially at club level are:

Daystate Red Wolf
    Daystate Wolverine R
    Steyr LG110
    HFT500
    FTP900
    Walther LG400
    FWB P800
    TM1000
    Annie 9015
    Tsar/Ataman M2

Ask at a local club or join the UK benchrest club: https://www.benchrestuk.com/
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

There is purpose built rifles but they will be very expensive. Have a look at a RAW TM1000 or a Thomas Rifle

Air Gun benchrest

Had good results with a Sports match gc2, the air arms ftp 900 is popular at our club and the peop!e who have them score very well. I think the airgun route for bench rest can be very expensive and the results are not as good as smallbore. I have shot a lot of 25yard bench rest with smallbore and that would be my choice, however if you do not want to renew your FAC then I would look at the ftp 900.