Thread: Learned something new from the July Airgun World Mag.

Learned something new from the July Airgun World Mag.

Webley Juniors also had Stoeger markings. Now something new to look for.

Hi Steve,

Ironically it took me longer to track down a Stoeger marked Junior than any of the others.

My example is relatively early and has a laterally adjustable rearsight. The barrel is rifled too.

Here's a link to some images.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cPDiD82HzJ91ZoHL9

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Steve,

Ironically it took me longer to track down a Stoeger marked Junior than any of the others.

My example is relatively early and has a laterally adjustable rearsight. The barrel is rifled too.

Here's a link to some images.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cPDiD82HzJ91ZoHL9

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks for sharing full pics. What a nice example. I have never really been that interested in the Junior but have a pretty good collection of Webley pistols. Only one Stoeger, the straight grip Senior. Have a Stoeger marked Tell 2 as well. Assume I would have a better chance over here for a Stoeger Junior, not sure I haven’t already seen one but never knew to look!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Thanks for sharing full pics. What a nice example. I have never really been that interested in the Junior but have a pretty good collection of Webley pistols. Only one Stoeger, the straight grip Senior. Have a Stoeger marked Tell 2 as well. Assume I would have a better chance over here for a Stoeger Junior, not sure I haven’t already seen one but never knew to look!
    Thanks Steve. My example came over from the States a few years ago. The Junior I photographed at Kempton was only the second Stoeger marked Junior I have ever come across, so yes, you should have more chance of finding one your side of the pond. I have never seen a Stoeger marked Tell 2 until you pictured yours and that is indeed a very nice find.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    I shall have to start looking at the prewar Juniors more closely as you can only tell them by their Stoeger stamping. unlike the other Stoeger models with their grips.