Thread: Career 707 .

Career 707 .

Hi all . Any idea of what a good condition career 707 is with?

I sold a sub 12ftlb carbine quite a few months back for £450. Lovely condition
    Last edited by ken69; 12-09-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Obviously they are quite rare and not everyone’s cup of tea
    They appear to be cheaper in FAC form
    But if it’s within the 12 ft lbs it’s more desirable and I would say from £450 + would be around the figure
    I have owned 2 and sold my first for £650
    As I said they are a acquired taste but definitely something entirely different
    Hope that helps but I am a fan of the Career 707

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think the carbine is worth a bit more, as the full length one are just very long and don't balance so well. I'd go with nearer £400 for full length.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I think the carbine is worth a bit more, as the full length one are just very long and don't balance so well. I'd go with nearer £400 for full length.
    That’s spot on as far as I’m concerned. After doing quite a bit of research on the dealer sites, and adjusting the price for a private sale, I sold a full length one for £380 collected a few months before the carbine was sold for £450. Saying that it was probably well over a year ago now. These are niche market rifles, the ones who like them absolutely adore them, others wouldn’t give them cabinet space, but there are definitely buyers out there, mine both sold no problem
    Last edited by ken69; 12-09-2021 at 07:50 AM.

i sold my full length one a good few years ago now for 350 it was in very good condition

I still have mine. It tends to produce vertical strings indicating power variations. I believe later variations maybe of a different brand were fitted with a regulator.

From memory the base gun produced 40 fpe with a rather heavy pellet fed in from the side. Used it's said for killing monkeys ~10 good well controlled shots. The magazine held more standard weights. Power was adjustable. Adjustment removed and restrictor added for the UK market. I've heard that UK FAC holders managed 60 fpe. There has been a DVD around concerning tuning them. May still be. Conversion for the UK market wasn't done very well really more work should have been done.

As the barrels appeared to be good a regulator for them was produced in the USA but gave either 16 or 18 fpe which put me off buying one. These days I know these can be adjusted but lot of work to sort out properly.