Thread: Webley Rebel bolt seal question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Rebel bolt seal question

Hi everyone I hope all is well today 😁

I'm spending some time servicing some of my guns, my Webley Rebel had no power and was with issues, so I've sorted that bit kind off, the power is still down to around 9ftlb with 8 pumps, although stiff to pump towards the end and makes the right noises, I thought maybe the bolt pin seal would be good to change, but I can't get the bolt out of the back of the gun to replace the seal?

Could anyone advise how this is done, as I hooked the old one off, but getting a new one on is seemingly more difficult than I expected. I doubt changing this will make much difference power wise but if I can get it closer to 10ftlb I'd be happy 😁

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Atb

Lift out the bolt catch spring on the right hand side of the bolt carefully with a tiny screwdriver or O ring pick, Remove the tiny screw at the rear of the catch then take out the catch Then the probe comes out, Refit in reverse.. Col.

Hi Col

Many thanks for the reply much appreciated, tbh I hadn't noticed the little spring, I've removed the long bolt that's at the back of the action, but struggled to get the rocker catch out, so it must be the spring that's not allowing the bolt to come out👍

Many thanks for the help, I'm going to to have a re-examination of this shortly 😁

Atb

Many thanks Col

That little spring is tricky to get back in 🤔 but all back together, power hasn't gone much above 9ft/lb, but I put a small bit of paper over the loading port and it flies off quite rapidly, can anyone recommend a good replacement seal, I ordered one from Chambers but they are much thinner and weaker than the original and obviously not doing a great job. .

Is there a good seal that'll stop air escaping out the back of the action?

Many thanks

Your welcome, I dont have any seal kits left but the likes of Ped or Lawrie Amatruda and others may have the correct size O ring to hand..

Hi Col

Your help is greatly appreciated, I'll try to contact them in the hope of finding a proper seal. 👍

Hope the info on the spring will help others too, as I hadn't found much on this area.

I can only assume that the power is down because of the pellet seal 🤞

Atb

Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post
    Many thanks Col

Is there a good seal that'll stop air escaping out the back of the action?

Many thanks
    The BSA probe seal works very well in ours. Makes adequate energy quite readily. Can send one if need be.

Hi deejayuu many thanks for the idea and coincidentally I had just bought some .177 bsa ultra, hornet, scorpion probe seals tonight of the bay in an attempt to try another sealing solution 👍 thank you for your kind offer, much appreciated, but hopefully the ones purchased may work 🙏

The other seal in the brass pump head is really a pain, if bought some needle nose thin pliers in the hope of squeezing the seal into the brass cylinder, but at present it just won't go in to the face of the pump head.

I know it's a difficult task but almost seems impossible. The pellet probe length may be an issue to.visit later hopefully when I've got it working again 😱

Atb