Thread: Fwb 90

Fwb 90

A club friend has a model 90 FWB that he has cocked without a pellet in the breech and the trigger has stopped working. So he cannot shoot or de-cock the pistol.
    He has fitted a new 15v battery but the LED does not light up and the pistol will still not fire.

Does anyone know where he can take it to have it serviced/repaired
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    A club friend has a model 90 FWB that he has cocked without a pellet in the breech and the trigger has stopped working. So he cannot shoot or de-cock the pistol.
    He has fitted a new 15v battery but the LED does not light up and the pistol will still not fire.

Does anyone know where he can take it to have it serviced/repaired
    John
    Cannot suggest anyone to repair it but I’ve had a similar problem with a fwb 150 rifle and in the end I took it out of the stock, mounted it in a vice with the open cocking arm strapped back securely and removed the trigger block. Then gently eased the cocking arm for forward and allowed the piston to return to its uncocked
    Position.

You can’t remove the entire trigger block on a 90 but I think you can release the sear manually.
    Could try a similar thing, making sure the cocking arm is held back very firmly.

The electronic trigger on the 90 can be dry fired, and can be ‘clicked’ when it’s not cocked. It's a good way to check the trigger is working before you actually load it.
    If you can de-cock it safely then check all the wiring is connected, and see if you can get it to ‘click’ which would indicate it would release the sear if cocked.
    Sometimes the light doesn’t work but the trigger still clicks.

Good luck,
    Matt
    Last edited by ptdunk; 21-06-2021 at 10:21 PM.

If the battery is new, then I would suggest it may be a loose connection in the battery compartment.

More likely though if a good battery has not been left in place the capacitor will have died.

A good small electronics company would be able to fit a new one to the board for not a lot of money.

I wouldn't worry about trying to de cock it, just put a label on it, so that when it's up and running it's not inadvertently fired.

It’s a long shot but if he’s left that new battery in get him to try it again.
    If the capacitor is a bit tired it may not have instantly built up enough charge to activate the solenoid.

Although the light not working does suggest a loose connection.
    Matt

Thanks fellas. I will pass on the advice
    John
    hold me back !!

Fwb 90

Has anyone got a copy of a circuit diagram for the electronic trigger they could email me.
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!