Thread: WANTED: Daisy Powerline 717, 747, or 777

WANTED: Daisy Powerline 717, 747, or 777

Wanted: Daisy Powerline 717, 747, or 777

Would prefer a 'Minter' but OK if it needs a bit of cosmetic work as long as all the bits are there and it's priced accordingly. Scammers need not reply

Also could anyone point me in the right direction for a breech seal for a .22 EM-GE Mod LP3a

Thanks Mike

No Scammers here matey !

No scammers here matey , this is not Freeads . Nice choice Daisy . Rear plastic sights on these are very prone to getting knocked even on minters so watch for micor cracks . Always fancied the latter model, the one with big wooden grips .

And we have a wanted section Mike as well, Much better response there,, Col.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    No scammers here matey , this is not Freeads . Nice choice Daisy . Rear plastic sights on these are very prone to getting knocked even on minters so watch for micor cracks . Always fancied the latter model, the one with big wooden grips .
    The 'Scammers' reference obviously wasn't directed at genuine members, but having had an attempt in the past it's always best to make it clear that I'm aware.

I agree, they're very nice guns and the later 777 would be my ultimate choice, would sit nicely alongside my Original Mod 6 and FWB 65. Thanks for the advice on the rear sights, I'll watch out for that, as I can imagine parts are not that easy to come by, especially parts that are prone to break or go missing as I discovered to my cost on my Walther LP53, I had to fashion a new fixed front sight post and use a HW rifle rear sight as a substitute for the original, they work well enough, but I do prefer originality.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    And we have a wanted section Mike as well, Much better response there,, Col.
    Thanks Col

Great pistols

Hi,
    Just in case you don’t already know the wooden grips that come on the 777 were oversized and Daisy recommended you cut them down to fit your hand.
    As they come they are pretty uncomfortable and not particularly good to shoot with. (Oversized grips shown in the middle)
    I was fortunate enough to source a second pair which I shaped to my hand while keeping the original grips to go with the pistol. (shaped ones fitted to this 777)

[IMG][/IMG]

The aforementioned metal sights on the 777 really are great and it has a wider trigger blade and adjustable trigger.

The 747 is a good compromise if you actually want to shoot it, with the adjustable trigger but normal grips and sights.

The 747 is scarce, the 777 seems pretty rare.

Cheers,
    Matt

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yes, I always thought the 747 was under-rated for it's moderate price, and decent accuracy and trigger. I guess it didn't sell many, and hence somewhat rare these days.

Pretty brave of them selling grips oversized to diy trim down !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yes, I always thought the 747 was under-rated for it's moderate price, and decent accuracy and trigger. I guess it didn't sell many, and hence somewhat rare these days.

Pretty brave of them selling grips oversized to diy trim down !
    Pretty brave or pretty stupid. I can't believe many people actually trimmed them to fit, (I found it tricky) and if you didn't you ended up with a slightly unstable target pistol which was actually too wide to use in official 10m competitions.
    Shame really, if they'd sold them with basic anatomical grips with an adjustable palm shelf they would have been a really good affordable match pistol.

Possibly why they are quite rare now.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pretty pointless really...

The other issue is that even if you trim it to fit it doesn't have the finger spur you need for a good one handed grip (so it supports the weight of the pistol on your middle finger) on mine I had to use wood I'd trimmed off to add a finger spur to the front of the grip.

[IMG][/IMG]

A 747 I bought had a nice simple grip the previous owner had made with a finger spur, with the original plastic left hand grip that has that very nice Daisy thumb shelf.
    Makes it a nice pistol to shoot:

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope the OP can find a nice one.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Pretty brave or pretty stupid. I can't believe many people actually trimmed them to fit, (I found it tricky) and if you didn't you ended up with a slightly unstable target pistol which was actually too wide to use in official 10m competitions.
    Shame really, if they'd sold them with basic anatomical grips with an adjustable palm shelf they would have been a really good affordable match pistol.

Possibly why they are quite rare now.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pretty pointless really...

The other issue is that even if you trim it to fit it doesn't have the finger spur you need for a good one handed grip (so it supports the weight of the pistol on your middle finger) on mine I had to use wood I'd trimmed off to add a finger spur to the front of the grip.

[IMG][/IMG]

A 747 I bought had a nice simple grip the previous owner had made with a finger spur, with the original plastic left hand grip that has that very nice Daisy thumb shelf.
    Makes it a nice pistol to shoot:

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope the OP can find a nice one.

Cheers,
    Matt

Thanks for the information Matt, some very nice guns you have there. It wouldn't bother me having to trim the grip, and I'm meticulous enough to take my time and do it right, but therein lies the problem in that previous owners could well have been butchers and buggered them up. I've had to do it with my FWB 65, I bought it with both sets of grips, the original plastic, and a set of walnut grips with a palm shelf which I had to trim so it would tilt enough to allow me to grip comfortably, where at first it was digging into my hand. It took some time, just shaving a little at a time with a Dremmel, but well worth the effort.

Mike

WANTED: Daisy Powerline 717, 747, or 777

Bump: Still looking!