Thread: Air sporter mk 2 valuation

Air sporter mk 2 valuation

[b
    gun now gone to an enthusiast restorer @ £80

]found in a cabinet in uncles garage while clearing his house & contents. Mk 2 air sporter with cracked stock.. Thanks for valuations.[/b]
    Last edited by metalmickey; 06-07-2021 at 03:21 PM. Reason: GUN NOW SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by metalmickey View Post
    FOUND IN A CABINET IN UNCLES GARAGE WHILE CLEARING HIS HOUSE & CONTENTS FOR HIS WIDOW WHO IS NOW IN A SHELTERED HOME.
    A MK 2 AIR SPORTER IN .22 CAL. 3 PIECE STOCK AUTO LOADING TAP. 4 GROOVE SCOPE RAIL, METALWORK FINISH IN AVERAGE CONDITION FOR AGE* OPEN SIGHTS COMPLETE APART FROM FRONT "HOOD" CHRONOED AT FULL LEGAL POWER. DOWN SIDE IS THAT THE STOCK HAS HAD A BAD REPAIR GLUE JOB DONE TO A CRACK TO THE STOCK, SEEMS SECURE ENOUGH BUT LOOKS TERRIBLE. PICS AVAILABLE IF REQUIRED E-MAIL mflitney@live.co.uk
    WILL BE ADVERTISING ONCE AN IDEA OF WHAT ITS WORTH IS ESTABLISHED. THANKS.

Hard to value more accurately without pics,but based on your description I would say around 80-100 pounds.If its chrono-ing at close to full legal power that suggests the tap is sealing well assuming there's no dieseling.

If close to 12ft-lb, it must be pretty special. All my Mk 11's, with decent tap sealing, produced around 10.

As per previous post, good photos would help in coming to a realistic valuation. I've paid/sold for as a liitle as £100 for a very good unmolested example with wear and tear commensurate with age and £400+ for a mint example.

P.S. a cracked/badly repaired stock is usually a no-no for collectors. As a project, I would say the previous poster's valuation is about right.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Sounds potentially pretty rough, you need pics. The power claim appears optimistic to me.

If the rifle hasn't been shot for a while it may be dieseling slightly. I would expect nearer 10 ft/lbs.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

£80 tops to be honest. The stock is the killler on value I am afraid.

The front sight hood missing knocks it slightly as well. Probably make a good yard gun or for spares for someone.
    BASC

I side with Dean C in this respect based on having seen a few of them sold over the years (although possibly erring a bit lower still). However, as already pointed out, a damaged stock as described might make it only of interest to a select few. Maybe a few photographs included with the original listing would help with valuation if that can be managed.

Vic Thompson.

Bsa airsporter mk 2

Won't let me post pics on this section ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalmickey View Post
    Won't let me post pics on this section ??!!
    You should at least be able to post a link to pics on a photo hosting site. Explanation is in the forum stickies. However, I think your description, especially the bit about the cracked stock - which I missed when I first replied - is probably sufficient to justify the sub-£100 estimates above.

Finally, don't forget that the value of anything is exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it. In that respect, I would suggest you list it for sale (on a new thread, per forum rules) at a higher price, which you can gradually reduce until it either sells, or you decide you don't want to go any lower.
    Last edited by Airsporter1st; 29-06-2021 at 09:15 PM.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.