Thread: Webley Senior pistol

Webley Senior pistol

I’m looking to get my dad a Webley Senior pistol for his birthday.
    It was his first ever gun as a kid, so thought it would be a nice gift.

Only trouble, I don’t know much about these guns. Is there anything key to look out for when getting one?
    Are there many differences between the years?

What would I expect to pay for one in good usable condition with a box?

He used to have a .177 and recalls it being a lot more accurate than his brothers .22.

Thanks

Oldest at the bottom, newest at the top, minor differences over the years.
    Things to watch for, make sure it cocks, the linkage can stretch and the trigger pull can be heavy on a well used model....
    A good boxed one from a shop £250 to £300......
    A bit cheaper if the can find a private sale one....
    Good luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by archer24 View Post

Oldest at the bottom, newest at the top, minor differences over the years.
    Things to watch for, make sure it cocks, the linkage can stretch and the trigger pull can be heavy on a well used model....
    A good boxed one from a shop £250 to £300......
    A bit cheaper if the can find a private sale one....
    Good luck in your search.
    Fantastic thank you!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Are you after the same model that he had. if it is, you will need to get the right mode.l see the photos in the above post. there is another model prewar which has straight grips it could be that type.

I thought it might be a bit old for a father to have a straight grip, grandfather maybe.....
    I would hate to try and find a boxed good one too.......
    I paid £260 for an average non boxed one, what price a boxed good one, £500?

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Are you after the same model that he had. if it is, you will need to get the right mode.l see the photos in the above post. there is another model prewar which has straight grips it could be that type.
    A similar model would be good, it would have been around 1960/1970 I would imagine.
    I’ve been offered one by a dealer with a very worn box for £280. Seems in good usable condition - would this be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by P4XLL View Post
    A similar model would be good, it would have been around 1960/1970 I would imagine.
    I’ve been offered one by a dealer with a very worn box for £280. Seems in good usable condition - would this be fair?
    Sounds a lot unless the gun itself is in very good condition and working PERFECTLY . ie : NOT with a trigger so light that the thing goes off by itself, or gives up during the cocking and raps Dad's knuckles. If you've the time and just want something in fair condition I should have thought £80 to £120 private sale , be prepared to put right minor issues and look out for a reproduction box

Atb Mark

Webley Senior

I have a Pre War slant grip senior in .177 cal. I will be selling.No major issues just most of the blueing gone. If interested? I can send you some pics. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I have a Pre War slant grip senior in .177 cal. I will be selling.No major issues just most of the blueing gone. If interested? I can send you some pics. Mach 1.5

Yes please!

Prices at the moment are high, personally I’ve not paid more than £120 for a post war Senior , then again no time restraints and I don’t do boxes....
    Last one I got I built from bits and cost around £100, but took 6 months of waiting for the parts!
    More of a shooter than a collector piece.

Quote Originally Posted by archer24 View Post
    Prices at the moment are high, personally I’ve not paid more than £120 for a post war Senior , then again no time restraints and I don’t do boxes....
    Last one I got I built from bits and cost around £100, but took 6 months of waiting for the parts!
    More of a shooter than a collector piece.

If anybody has one for sale let me know. I have created a post in the wanted section.
    It’s his birthday next week 🤞 🙏

Senior

PM me your email details and I'll send you some pics. Regards Mach 1.5