Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frank Clarke Titan Mk1?

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Danny, l think it will top that, going for £1500.
    Well don't get his hopes up! If it does achieve that price, Holts will take a good chunk of it so that won't be the price he receives.

I wish him luck though. It's a very nice piece and deserves to be preserved somebody's collection

TBH, I’d rather keep it than give it away, and Holts have advised a sensible reserve.

Good Luck with the sale of this fabulous rare piece. Well done Mr Policeman !!!

Yes a police officer with a sense of fair play
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Another example, serial number 366, has been brought to my attention by a respected member on here, who is fortunate enough to own it. So that brings the number of known examples up from seven to eight, with the following seven having confirmed serial numbers:

124, 234, 274, 298, 344, 366 and 397

This makes no difference to the rarity and desirability of the gun of course, and so (IMO)it should easily make £1500 at auction.

Well, I sold it!

When Holts received it, they noticed a couple of things: the front sight wasn’t original, and the bolt action knob had been resoldered.

Nevertheless, I’m pleased to say that in the auction a couple of weeks ago it met its reserve price, and the hammer went down on a bid of £1,300. Not excessive, but in the circumstances I’m very happy with the outcome, as is the local nick, I’m sure!