Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kempton This Sunday 4th July 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Hope you all have a good day.....
    You too mate. See you soon.

J&J
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Car is loaded.. see you later folks. Come say hello, I'll be in the flimsy red gazebo if is doesn't blow away
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by coburn; 04-07-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Kemton.

One of these days i might make a visit, but up here in north Shropshire its quite a trip out plus the fact a local clay shoot is on which i must attend. But am looking forward to seeing John M. collection of photographs and any body else who puts in photos and comments.
    Roly.

Well, well. Despite the dodgy weather the turnout at Kempton was rather successful. I actually got to the gates an hour earlier than expected and it was nice to see a small queue of fellow airgun and Militiaria enthusiasts happily chatting away to one another. Half an hour later more visitors were beginning to form the line. Suffice to say the weather was improving and the organisers actually let us in earlier than expected.

There was ample stalls to browse with everything from vintage airguns to the usual militaria and deactivated weapons. Tims rather large stall seem to draw most of the attention and he and his wife happily chatted away to perspective browsers and customers. The item that drew my attention was a rather large deactivated S&W Model 29 with a 10 inch barrel. It was a target version and what a monster it was. It came with a hefty price tag. Lol. I saw many happy faces with purchases in hand. Unfortunately I came away empty handed. Apologies to those who are group members that I never got to greet and introduce myself. I guess I got carried away with all that excitement. I did take a few pics but do not know how to post them on here. Thanks to all those involved with organising this wonderful event. Sorry I did not get the time to say hello to you John & Josie. I look forward to the next event in August.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    Well, well. Despite the dodgy weather the turnout at Kempton was rather successful. I actually got to the gates an hour earlier than expected and it was nice to see a small queue of fellow airgun and Militiaria enthusiasts happily chatting away to one another. Half an hour later more visitors were beginning to form the line. Suffice to say the weather was improving and the organisers actually let us in earlier than expected.

There was ample stalls to browse with everything from vintage airguns to the usual militaria and deactivated weapons. Tims rather large stall seem to draw most of the attention and he and his wife happily chatted away to perspective browsers and customers. The item that drew my attention was a rather large deactivated S&W Model 29 with a 10 inch barrel. It was a target version and what a monster it was. It came with a hefty price tag. Lol. I saw many happy faces with purchases in hand. Unfortunately I came away empty handed. Apologies to those who are group members that I never got to greet and introduce myself. I guess I got carried away with all that excitement. I did take a few pics but do not know how to post them on here. Thanks to all those involved with organising this wonderful event. Sorry I did not get the time to say hello to you John & Josie. I look forward to the next event in August.
    I'd like to see the photos you took if someone can host them for you as it would make a change to see someone else's perspective of what was there.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'd like to see the photos you took if someone can host them for you as it would make a change to see someone else's perspective of what was there.

Kind regards,

John
    I see what I can do John