Thread: What's a Camargue like to own/shoot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sold my thumbhole stocked Khamsin around 4yrs ago. Got £325 for it. Regret selling it ever since

AA

Always wanted the Khamsin but settled for one the lesser ones . So say all the same . And all wonderful

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    all you need to do is replace the spring with one that's a tight fit on the guide, and they shoot quite nicely.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks all...... now I just need to FIND one!!!
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Just stumbled on this thread as I have both a Camargue and a Khamsin I am thinking of selling.

The Khamsin actually has a gas ram fitted and shoots very much like a contemporary Theoben but both of them are lovely to shoot and are in excellent condition.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

https://ibb.co/7WGw1Lp

https://ibb.co/DRzp5Bh

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
    Feel free to PM me if interested.
    PM in your inbox fella.....

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Thumbs up

I like the AA sidelever rifles, The Jackals with plazzie stocks are noisy though!

Camargue, I bought this thing in the dark, The family were pretending to watch a film on telly with the lights out, Could hardly see the gun, When I got home I found out why, Some pratt had tried eliminating scope creep by attempting to weld the aluminium mounts to the steel cylinder!

Luckily the fella was about as good at welding as I am at brain surgery and quantum physics!, The snotty blobs cleaned off easily, Spoilt the blueing though!

Removed, Dressed and reblued, Not as good as original but the gun was only £70

This one is an SE90, Fabulously comfy stock on these!

I did have a Mistral but sold it years ago!

I was given a lefty project Mistral, Was going to make the stock ambi by opening up the right side of the thumbhole but got told off for even contemplating such an idea!!

I stole a few bits from the Khamsin to put a Jackal Combat together that I bought on here, It had a Theoben ram that came with it, It's one of the very few guns i've ever had to use a sash clamp to close, That ram was so hard to move!!

And the Jackal Combat..

The bits that came with it!

The tap was broken too so I took the good one from the Khamsin!, I should start a search on fleabay for the parts to get the Khamsin rebuilt!

I should have made a few taps in aluminium at work but I took redundancy at the end of last year due to covid leaving me breathless most of the time!!

Years ago I had a Woodsman (Or Woodstock), It had the long barrel, I was given a short (8") barrel so swapped it over but had to sell that as I promised a lad a Jackal and when someone else phoned, I thought it was him so I delivered the gun!, Turned out it was someone out of the blue, When the other lad phoned up he was devastated so I let him have the woody, Sold them for £30 each!..

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/