Thread: Air rifle repairer near Weymouth

Air rifle repairer near Weymouth

I have a HW35 that has suddenly decided not to cock, OK I have all the info etc on what the problem may be etc BUT, medically my hands are not as controllably as they used to be (cramping up, sometimes shaky etc) and my eyes are pretty crap so I need to take it to someone to sort it for me. any suggestions please? Driving distance from Weymouth, say 50 miles or post, whatever?
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

A colleague once gave me his Hw35 to fix and I seem to remember a similar issue that was due to the trigger adjuster screw had backed out. Tightening it up and applying thread lock did the trick If your Hw35 needs a bit more attention there's a company not too far from you called Protek supplies that may be able to advise you.

Have a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    I have a HW35 that has suddenly decided not to cock, OK I have all the info etc on what the problem may be etc BUT, medically my hands are not as controllably as they used to be (cramping up, sometimes shaky etc) and my eyes are pretty crap so I need to take it to someone to sort it for me. any suggestions please? Driving distance from Weymouth, say 50 miles or post, whatever?

I'm on Portland and have been repairing and building air rifles for over 30 years. Your HW35 should be a straight forward fix. Give me a shout if you need a hand.

Jon

I had an HW35 which decided to stop cocking. Turned out the cocking arm had mysteriously shortened whilst I had lent it to my Father-in-law - I suspect he pulled the trigger whilst the barrel was down….fortunately I had a spares rifle….

Jon, you have PM.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .