Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Photos 4 July 2021

Kempton Photos 4 July 2021

Well, the weather may not have given today's fair the best start but it did dry up as the morning went on.

A great selection of airguns were on show as always and I have tried to picture some of the traders as well as the guns themselves.

Plenty of horse trading was going on and some of the highlights were a very nice BSA Stutzen on Shed Tuner's stall that came with original open sights - I saw Jon negotiating a sale when I went back to the stall later, so I suspect it sold, a Jaguar Arms Cub that sold just after I photographed it and the most beautifully preserved boxed Tell 2 I have ever seen. I was shown a very nice C.1923 BSA No 2 Standard with clear etching and most bluing present. In fact the rifle was in very good order for a 98 year old, other than someone had removed the BSA No 22 peep sight at some point, leaving rounded edges and drawing the eye to the missing component. The rifle also had an A.G. Parker retailer's mark on the breech and was priced at around the £700 mark. Our very own Binners had around a dozen prewar BSAs for sale at what seemed to me bargain giveaway prices. Let's just say the average price was £150, which is way lower than many others tend to price BSAs these days. The condition was way better than the prices suggest, so some lucky collectors looking for a BSA would have come away with a bargain.

Speaking of Binners, I'd like to say a huge public thank you for putting on these fairs for us to enjoy. Your staff are a credit to you - incredibly helpful and always smiling. It's easy to take such things for granted but such excellent service is not always what we see today, so a huge thank you to your team Peter.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. I managed to find another Makarov for my collection, so I came away happy, as did many others!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PKVJ2KiKMzFd2GdUA

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thanks for the photo`s again for us that couldnt make it John,
    Looking at the pics i probably would have skint myself within an hour anyway.. So much to choose from,, Kids in candy shops comes to mind.. Col.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Thank you John for taking the time to showcase a flavour of the fair, one of these days I like to go along to one... if only they would coincide with having the spare readies to make a trip worthwhile .

I attended the fair today and enjoyed my visit big time.
    Thanks to Binners for putting on these great events .
    And a special thanks to Peter for bringing along 4 break down pattern rifle’s for me to choose from ldwink, I picked my favourite and am well pleased with my purchase,and at a great price.
    I managed to have have a quick chat with some of the BBS members :cool,so had a very nice time.
    Thanks again Pete.
    Atb
    Les..

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Are some of these things appearing at a few of these events? Im sure there was a pic of a boxed Tell 2 at the last one and that Jung Roland pistol was at last Septembers. I remember asking what is was on here.
    Id quite like a look at one but cannot see me ever feeling the need to dig deep into my pockets to get one
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

As JM will tell you, quite often various guns appear on one stall at one fair, and on somebody else's stall at another, until they eventually get sold to a collector.

Tell 2

That boxed Tell 2 is exceptional. How superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    That boxed Tell 2 is exceptional. How superb.
    I thought so too. It would be very difficult to find a better one.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Nice pics mate.. yes, it didn't hang around too long that Stutzen
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

How much was the Jaguar cub ? I’ve never seem one
    Too many Airguns and Pistols
    Beretta 682 Sporter, and Skeet

To add, Bob and I had a cracking time - out first time experience as sellers, and we very happy to shift a good few airguns, and had a day packed with interesting conversations and opportunities to catch up with old friends.

Cheers Pete
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Many thanks for the very high quality of all the pictures. It was nice to zoom in on the tables to see what was lurking in the background. The boxed Zenit M repeater is one piece that has eluded me for a number of years. I do hope to find a nice boxed example to add to the collection. Course the boxed Tell 2 was exceptional especially with the Tell pellet tin - another pellet tin that has eluded me.

Looks like the Jaguar had a price in the 200 pound range.

Great to hear that a few forum members where able to get together. Always nice when you can get to share information with fellow collectors. Thank you again for posting such great pictures.
    Bruce Jr.

Pete, It must be you who I bought the Sharp Innova off. It was nice to meet you, it's a shame we couldn't have chatted for longer but there was a queue building up behind me.

Good luck with the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    To add, Bob and I had a cracking time - out first time experience as sellers, and we very happy to shift a good few airguns, and had a day packed with interesting conversations and opportunities to catch up with old friends.

Cheers Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Pete, It must be you who I bought the Sharp Innova off. It was nice to meet you, it's a shame we couldn't have chatted for longer but there was a queue building up behind me.

Good luck with the move.
    ha, yes it was me (Jon).

I was merely saying "cheers Pete" to the organiser, Peter, for putting the event on - apologies for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    How much was the Jaguar cub ? I’ve never seem one
    That's the first one I saw too and it sold just after I took those photos. I'm afraid I didn't see the price.

John