Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Photos 4 July 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Many thanks for the very high quality of all the pictures. It was nice to zoom in on the tables to see what was lurking in the background. The boxed Zenit M repeater is one piece that has eluded me for a number of years. I do hope to find a nice boxed example to add to the collection. Course the boxed Tell 2 was exceptional especially with the Tell pellet tin - another pellet tin that has eluded me.

Looks like the Jaguar had a price in the 200 pound range.

Great to hear that a few forum members where able to get together. Always nice when you can get to share information with fellow collectors. Thank you again for posting such great pictures.
    Bruce Jr.
    Thank you Bruce.

Yes, these events are a great opportunity to chat with forum members and other collectors.

And it's nice to find a little something for the collection too!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Nice to meet you Jon and I hope to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    ha, yes it was me (Jon).

I was merely saying "cheers Pete" to the organiser, Peter, for putting the event on - apologies for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Many thanks for the very high quality of all the pictures. It was nice to zoom in on the tables to see what was lurking in the background. The boxed Zenit M repeater is one piece that has eluded me for a number of years. I do hope to find a nice boxed example to add to the collection. Course the boxed Tell 2 was exceptional especially with the Tell pellet tin - another pellet tin that has eluded me.

Looks like the Jaguar had a price in the 200 pound range.

Great to hear that a few forum members where able to get together. Always nice when you can get to share information with fellow collectors. Thank you again for posting such great pictures.
    Bruce Jr.
    Tim Dyson had the Zenit. It was very nice but alas the magazine is missing
    Morally flawed

Thanks for the excellent photos John. I decided to go at the last minute and thoroughly enjoyed it. And thanks to Binners for another good fair. Outdoor events are always going to be at the uncertainty of the weather, but you pulled off a good one again. I came away with a Leupold scope and some rimfire ammo. Well worth the nearly three hour round trip for me.
    Last edited by coburn; 04-07-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Thanks for the excellent photos John. I decided to go at the last minute, due to appalling weather here at 8:00 this morning, and thoroughly enjoyed it. And thanks to Binners for another good fair. Outdoor events are always going to be at the uncertainty of the weather, but you pulled off a good one again. I came away with a Leupold scope and some rimfire ammo. Well worth the nearly three hour round trip for me.
    Looking forward to the next one.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    How much was the Jaguar cub ? I’ve never seem one
    That piqued my interest too...

Thank you for the photos John!

Some real sweeties there. Yet another kiss to build a dream on....

Boxed Jaguar Cub

Recalled than a Jaguar sold in April of this year on the bay complete with original instructions. It sold for just over $200. I don't recall them coming up for auction that often, perhaps once a year if that. Most of the time they are complete with the original box.

https://i.imgur.com/138lMPv.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/TIhNVms.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/7dSwn8z.jpg

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Cracking pictures as always John.

I can only echo everyone's thanks to Pete and Liz for putting on another fair in less than ideal conditions.

Nice to catch up with the lads again, amazing how many friendly faces pop up every time we go to this.

Always something interesting to talk about, saw my first ever breech loading flintlock and had a healthy chat about the parapet gun. What a beast and honestly if I'd had somewhere to home it, it would have gone back with us.

Picked up a couple of honest BSA rifles for Bell target. My poor old webley Mark 1 deserves a break after seven weeks duty at the club. (did it used to be yours or Petes? Afraid my memory let's me down at times)Also a couple of grenades for my small but growing collection. A German model from 1915 and a rifle launched British from 1916.

Even had a cracking evening by the Thames in Sunbury the night before, sun out and superb atmosphere.

Always worth a visit, keep up the good work Mr and Mrs Binners.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Hi Dave,

That Mark 1 was mine for almost 3 decades and yes, it shot well.

I also have a modest hand grenade collection as they display well and don't take up much space. I found a Russian RGD-5 just prior to lockdown, which is quite a rarity as I understand they are hard to deactivate and involve lots of intricate work.

I felt there was a good all round selection of airguns; both rifles and pistols at this fair and for all pockets.

Another great event from Mr and Mrs B. We really are fortunate to have them in our midst.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

I call this the miscellaneous cabinet

Smell my cheese

Every home should have one

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    « Police in Norfolk recently uncovered an arsenal of weaponry including grenades, artillery shells, and high powered air rifle ammunition… »
    Morally flawed

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Great photos as ever John. that Jaguar cub is quite a rare pistol, l believe it is the smallest air pistol ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I like it Dave. I have many of the same items you have on display there. I like the painted clown target. Mine is plain and has never been shot at.

Kind regards,

John