Thread: .22 hornet c/f

.22 hornet c/f

ok have the hornet and do reloads but thinkin about some sub loads , so where can i get some lead heads i have has the 55g which i tried in a 223 sometime ago (pap results) looking for a lighter bullet 40 or 45 g anyone else reload subs for the hornet ,
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    ok have the hornet and do reloads but thinkin about some sub loads , so where can i get some lead heads i have has the 55g which i tried in a 223 sometime ago (pap results) looking for a lighter bullet 40 or 45 g anyone else reload subs for the hornet ,
    I use 35gn v max in my hornet I thought about a sub load but after some thought on it I decided to stick with the .22 rim-fire for anything in subsonic also when i was developing the 35 gr load whilst working up to a load that shot with accuracy I think to get a hornet to shoot a good group in subsonic will be hard ---it was the original roe round before the deer act came in so it wasn't meant to shoot subsonic stick with it going HV in my book

If you can get hold of the "One calibre - one book" for the Hornet I seem to remember there were several loads for subsonic cast bullet's at the back.
    Sierra do both 40 & 45gn Hornet bullets but I never tried them sub.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If you can get hold of the "One calibre - one book" for the Hornet I seem to remember there were several loads for subsonic cast bullet's at the back.
    Sierra do both 40 & 45gn Hornet bullets but I never tried them sub.
    Yes I have that book I have tried them both and they didn't work for me I will have a look for the book and post what it says for the op

thanks but looking for cast lead heads 40 / 45 g
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

thanks but looking for cast lead heads 40 / 45 g
    Hiya mate, iv recently been casting some 45 grainers for the .223 fron a lyman mould, had some good results with them aswell, i could send a few your way if you cover the postage 👍 see if your gun likes them as much as mine does 😂

sorry for the late reply ,, work and all that ! thanks for the offer ,but if there not available in the shops its gona be a non starter , and a waist of time , dont have time or the bits to start casting my own , but thanks for the offer

45gn PPU

Try kranks for the 45gn ppu heads, they work excellent in my CZ hornet

sorry for the late reply ,, work and all that ! thanks for the offer ,but if there not available in the shops its gona be a non starter , and a waist of time , dont have time or the bits to start casting my own , but thanks for the offer
    No worries mate, offers always there if you need any 👍
    All the best
    Chris