Thread: Ford Open - Rifle HFT - Summer Series - Round 2 of 4 - Sunday 11th of July 2021

Ford Open - Rifle HFT - Summer Series - Round 2 of 4 - Sunday 11th of July 2021

Hello all,

The second round of the Ford Open rifle HFT summer series gets under way at SHOTS (Southern Home of Target Shooting) on Sunday the 11th of July 2021.

https://shotssussex.com/

The address is,

Burndell road
    Clymping
    Littlehampton
    West Sussex
    BN18 0HR

Tel: 01903 726476

Booking in will start at 10am with the event getting under way as soon as everyone has attended the safety briefing. You must attend the safety briefing if you want to shoot.

The shooting fee is £10 for an adult and £8 for a junior if you are a member of a shooting club. If you are not a member of a shooting club then the fee is £20 for an adult and £16 for a junior.

If you are new to us then please bring your membership card so that we can provide you with the discounted rate.

This is an open competition which means anyone of any ability is welcome to come along and take part.

The course will consist of 2 rounds of 15 targets.

SHOTS has undergone an extensive refurbishment and has added some great new features, most notably, a new undercover outdoor seating area and a great new café run by Mitch. The café is open from 8am if you fancy a bite to eat before you shoot.

COVID - 19

As you would expect SHOTS takes Covid-19 very seriously and asks that you use your face covering in all indoor communal areas when moving around the range. Please respect each others space and make sure you maintain social distancing where you can, while sanitising your hands regularly.

When shooting the Ford Open HFT competition, we will not be providing individual sleeves for the shooting pegs. Most people wear a shooting glove and so we feel it is up to you as to whether you wish to sanitise the peg. If so, please bring your own anti-viral wipes.

Goodwood Festival of Speed

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is on this weekend, so if your journey takes you any where near this event, then please allow some extra time for traffic or take an alternative route.

We look forward to seeing you soon and sharing the clubs new facilities

All the best,

The Ford HFT Crew
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Smile

Planning on joining you tomorrow. Hope that's OK

Mike B & Sir Guy
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Thumbs up Thank you Fordies

BIG thank you to Ford HFT and SHOTS for letting us come out to play today.

Properly good to see - for real as opposed to just pics on Facebook - a bunch of the reprobates we've not met in the flesh for 18 months+. Not only, but including Cut-throat, Steb, Justin and the odd Bob or two

Very impressed with the improvements made to the site; almost unrecognisable and soooooo much better. A massive amount of work on the part of I have no idea how many people, but hugely worth it.

And a great service with a smile from the new café, with quality bacon n egg butties for our breakfast.

Did I achieve what I had planned/hoped for the trip? - Oh yes. My main concern - ahead of the first round of this year's UKAHFT - was the complete lack of rangefinding practice other than at my home club (Mile Oak), where I should know the distance from our HFT pegs to pretty much every tree, fencepost, twig, even every leaf. Hugely relieved to find I still kinda 'have it'; though that could all be knocked down (unlike the targets) when faced with a MAD Dopper course in deepest Essex in a couple of weeks' time. We shall see.

See you all again soon - or a lot sooner than our last encounter.

Mike B
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member