Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Once you've been infected with the fettling bug, likely recipients can come from many varied sources.

If you ever were to get the chance and once Uncle Mick is well enough to once again host The Boinger Bash at Quigley Hollow, you simply have to witness his heavily modified B2..

Plenty of other "budget" type guns that have been fettled always there to try, too.

Tell us more about that homemade PCP then.........When I first saw "break barrel" I was thinking along the lines of the Bowkett / BSA Spitfire. Something tells me this will be different.......?..
Yes it’s very different indeed !
Many years ago my late friend Martin Cooper started making this rather unusual beast but for some reason abandoned it. I came across the ‘action’ 6 years ago after he died and his sister asked me to have a look at all his airgun stuff.

He was a very clever and skilled engineer, a coded welded and had a good understanding of air guns and pressure vessels. He made to the best of my knowledge three precharged airguns, two as 0.177 target rifles and one 0.22 as a hunting gun, along with a very nice target pistol.

All of them are very accurate and well made. I own the last target rifle he made which he gave me six months before his death ( and flatly refused to take any money for it, having also given me his original target rifle 2 years before. ) I also own the pistol, which I bought from his sister after he died.
I gave one of my mates the early target rifle and another mate also has his 0.22 hunting rifle.

Anyway, the 0.25 beast was incomplete with a wooden front grip as the only wooden bit. I think he may have given up on it as it had a tiny leak in the pipe that went from the screw fitting made to take a bsa 200cc bottle.

The action has a VERY homemade look about it but knowing his pedigree I was happy to tinker with it. I’ve added a bestfittings quick fill so I don’t have to remove the bottle to fill it and also made a new transfer port system which Martin had made to, Ahem, be either 11ftlbs or 18 .

It’s now got a new single port and is running at 11.5ftlbs. I think the barrel is probably a BSA one as that was what he told me he favoured as they were easy to get hold of ( then ) and accurate.
One of our club members when he saw it said it was so ugly that he loved it ( and both he and his wife compete in HFT/FT comps so they know their guns )

It’s quite accurate out to 35 yards which was quite a pleasant surprise. I’ll try a post some pictures later.

Norm